Car revving at idle

InnerGuard

Reaction score
Hi, my 07 plate A6 2.0L TDI S Line has started rocking and revving at idle. This happens in drive, park and neutral, is intermittent and has only started happening since its last service and cam belt change.

Have taken it back to the garage 4 times now. Each time they say it's nothing that they've done and so the problem remains. I've changed fuel filter, the cam timing is supposedly ok.. So I'm stuck!

Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If the car was fine before the service and you got it back doing that the fault lays with them take it back and get them to resolve the issue.

They're being pretty good about it but just not getting to the bottom of it, and are now saying they've ran out of ideas! :/

I had a similar problem with my 2000 a6 2.5 tdi. The car would tickover erraticllyie one minute nuicely at 800 then
Upto 1200. I found that replacing the temp sensor sorted this straight away. This cost me under £6 for the part. To fit it was just q clip of remove sender replace clip on . The temp sensor has four prongs. Two for temp sensor two for engine ecu.

Thanks Abdul! I've got it in the garage (again!) on Thursday I'll mention this!