Carbon cleaning

michael A

Reaction score
Hi all,
Me again with another query that's come up before. The carbon clean.
Ive got a RS4 B8 and I'm just wondering if a carbon clean is worth doing. From what I've been reading this is something common in the B7 and I've seen a few claiming the B8 also can lose power to carbon build up.
Has anyone found this to be the case.
I have no idea when or if it's ever been done before and I'm just coming upto 100k on the clock so thinking this may be worth doing.
Just want to make sure it's recommend and worth doing.
If so where is recommended to get it done. I've seen people saying to not use the mobile ones that put some chemical in and find a garage that doesn't all manual.

Best to check for buildup 1st tbh, as some stories I've read have been mixed bag of positive negative, in an ideal world, you'd remove the parts & do on a bench so to speak, however not always economically or logistically possible, but the safest route, by a good audi tech.

Reactions: michael A
Best to check for buildup 1st tbh, as some stories I've read have been mixed bag of positive negative, in an ideal world, you'd remove the parts & do on a bench so to speak, however not always economically or logistically possible, but the safest route, by a good audi tech.
Yes I've read same stuff, mixed bag so I'm abit put off by it. I don't feel like my car has any kinds of power tbh and really just trying to find anyways possible to gain a few horses without £10k supercharger

Buy an S4 3.0, tune it, way cheaper lol

Not quite the same though is it.
I purposely wanted a big V8 engine. I'm getting older now and done my days with small light cars and done the cute little turbo engines and I'm now in a phase of big engine estates there's always ways to gain a little something somewhere. I'll skip the carbon clean I think and just practice my launch control more as it's the launching I'm wanting to gain more

I had the V8 S4 B6 years back, it was good car, lovely cruiser, however I had my S3 too, that was so much more fun tbh, NA is ok if you're not a boostholic, good for family, but if you want serious power trying to be economical, turbo, supercharged will always win imho.

You wont gain anything without spending big, air filters, remaps on NA engines are pointless, been there done that.

I had the V8 S4 B6 years back, it was good car, lovely cruiser, however I had my S3 too, that was so much more fun tbh, NA is ok if you're not a boostholic, good for family, but if you want serious power trying to be economical, turbo, supercharged will always win imho.

You wont gain anything without spending big, air filters, remaps on NA engines are pointless, been there done that.
Yes know what you mean in regards to filters and remaps on NA engines.

I'm guessing the newer RS models are more tunable having the turbos.
One thing they don't have though is that V8 sound. I need/want the estate as need the space so currently not obsessed for lots of tuning power plus always said I'll keep the RS4 as stock. It's got plenty of raw power and it sounds amazing. I think I can live with this sound a while longer yet before I look into something else. I love the RS4 no complaints just as an enthusiast we always looking for that bit more.
I could have 1000bhp I'm sure I'd still want something more haha.
I had an A6 saloon before the RS4. It was the 3.0l TDI 245bhp model 2012, had a remap making it 300bhp and I swear by those cars in the estate version as best overall cars on the market as an all rounder. Lots of torque meant it still moved well, diesel gave 44mpg on a motorway run and been the estate had space and of course all Audi quality

Just out of interest where you based, Ive got a fault light in for adaptive lights that I've been trying to find someone with software to switch it off. All seems to work fine makes me think maybe someone fixed and did not remove fault. Garage I used for servicing don't have one which is annoying

Work all over, generally, if its got an error then its still got a fault, anomalies may present, but in my experience it usually means something's up, possibly needs adapting, whereabouts are you located?

Work all over, generally, if its got an error then its still got a fault, anomalies may present, but in my experience it usually means something's up, possibly needs adapting, whereabouts are you located?
Milton Keynes

Could callout to Milton if you wanted, best to whatsapp me.