Carbon engine cover

Leevr

Reaction score
Anyone fitted one of these? What's the fit and finish like?
Screenshot 20180518 154625

Not sure if it's a normal engine cover that's been hydro dipped or just a carbon over lay on the engine cover.

It's carbon fibre that overlays the original cover

Sorry - what’s the point?
What's the point in any mod, individuality. If you want it, get it. Not on show to everyone. But looks good if you have the funds.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeParkin and Tom.H
@Leevr I really like the look of the carbon goodies from 034, if I was keeping the car longer term I'd definitely get the lot.

Reactions: Leevr
I can see the desire to have one if you are going to a car meet and to have the bonnet open. Albeit don't know about on an S3..

But otherwise yeah, does seem a bit pointless to me. When I'm filling up with screenwash I'm usually concentrating on not spilling it rather than the engine cover :)
Each to their own though.

Just seen the price tag on some too, £300.

Hope it gives some extra hp :)

I think it looks good @Leevr , I would see it in person before buying, I have no experience of the manufacturer but viewing it on the car would be a decider. You like it, go for it

Mods! Mods! Mods! Mods! Mods! I love Mods !

I have a spare S3 MBQ 8V engine cover if someone is interested in having a play. I had a small part wrapped to add a bit more colour to the original design. I used it for Cars n Coffee events and events like Audis in the Park etc. So if u want to have a play but dont want to risk your original this is for you!

£40 Posted to Mainland UK.

37706B70 1460 451E 8D54 08BF23F18DBC

The red bits are wrapped and so is end part.

282814BF 20A2 4326 B3B9 F952B042D2E0

Jungle

Reactions: Dunedin
It's quite interesting how many opinions there are over something I happened to come across, quite liked and asked a question. It's nice to see people have their own opinions and thoughts. Especially as I didn't even mention I was interested in buying one, just a curiosity call. Keeps the site active and interesting.

You could hydro dip the cover to almost any colour / design you want.

It's more common thank you think and a great mod.

You could hydro dip the cover to almost any colour / design you want.

It's more common thank you think and a great mod.

That’s what I’d do if you want some more flash in your engine bay.

I have the APR carbon intake so it would interest me to get it done but matching the weave would be hard I’d imagine

Reactions: MikeParkin
Personally I don't think carbon hydro dip looks very good, can always tell it's not real. Fair play to anyone that has it done but it's not for me.

Reactions: Jassyo06
A quick glance by those who don't really know - it's fine - for a bit of dress up. It doesn't have to be black either !
It doesn't count as a 'modification' in the same way as an intake system would either !

I had mine hydro dipped well over a year ago and it was less than £150

£150 on something that you can't see and does nothing.

More money than ..... ;-)

I have opened my bonnet twice in 7 months just to clean it, a engine cover is just simply that to me, but others may see things differently

Reactions: KenL
You actually see it every time you check oil, washer fluid.... and think about how much power comes out of such a small lump of metal:yahoo:

You actually see it every time you check oil, washer fluid.... and think about how much power comes out of such a small lump of metal:yahoo:

Does fitting that void your warranty :-/

Nah l just let Audi check these things, as l just drive and clean it

Reactions: Tom.H
But, you never use washer fluid :O?

Apart from fitting my MTM Cantronic and adding washer fluid, no need to open the bonnet though, don't bother checking oil.
No l haven't filled the washer bottle back up yet as still got the stuff Audi themselves put in, but ye catch my drift

Reactions: oli356