Carbon Fiber Interior Trimming project over at S3 forum..

larbel

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is a little project I have going on over at the A3/S3 forum, someone suggested I post it here as well... I never thought of posting here cause I thought all RS3 came with carbon fiber trimming already? But anyway, just in case...

This is the history:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...arbon-fiber-interior-trimmings-for-8v.280483/

This is the final sample and final call post:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...final-call-reconfirm-pls.289227/#post-2817773

I apologize if this is out of place...

I'd be interested if you could make CF trims for the oval exhaust tips on the RS3...

Reactions: K55P BK
Those interior trims look spot on bud uk Rs3 never came with carbon it was an option half way through production so a few have it but not many what's the price in pounds delivered to the uk roughly bud

Exhaust trims would be cracking similar to the apokarivc stuff

I agree the CF exhaust trims would be a nice addition to the car

Those interior trims look spot on bud uk Rs3 never came with carbon it was an option half way through production so a few have it but not many what's the price in pounds delivered to the uk roughly bud

The total including shipping and PayPal is GBP155.68 but PayPal has pretty bad exchange rate, so expect it to be more like GBP160 or so? Anyway, please sign up on here if you want to confirm.. http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...final-call-reconfirm-pls.289227/#post-2817773

And making CF stuffs require molding/tooling, that's why I needed 30 committed set to cover the tooling cost in the first place. If you can get 30 people interested, I could have them make, but no way I can just make a few and stock the rest for sell... But yeah, this guy would be sweet...

D5d15c70f98444ed90416a52874aab4a HIRes

But anyway, there're tons of Akrapovic available, but none oval for RS, and judging from their prices of around GBP30 for single pipe and GBP55 for twin pipes, I would say they're reps...

TB2aB9cuXXXXXaBXpXXXXXXXXXX 2823921059
TB2dhRjaqnyQeBjy1zkXXXmyXXa 424260151
TB284sEqXXXXXbzXXXXXXXXXXXX 2823921059

I'd be interested if you could make CF trims for the oval exhaust tips on the RS3...

The tips don't come off. They're one seamless piece coming off the mufflers. So you'd have to mould around it, but I think it could be done. Similar to how the Akra's have there carbon surround.

Definitely. They would have to be a slide on fit over the existing pipe.

For someone who knew moulding and CF manufacture, it would be a doddle. I just do not know why no one has done this - plenty for the RS6 and R8 and I would have thought those two a more difficult market to sell into than the RS3...

CF is growing on me. Not so long ago, I thought it was ugly as interior trim. Outside it was good as it has a functional appearance. The problem [for me anyway] is that it is all very itty-bitty: Someone makes a mirror cover, someone else makes an exhaust tip, but no one has gone the whole hog and made a complete embellishment set to such as a pack of rails, mirror covers, exhaust tips, door handles, shark fin and badges - something that would give a whole and proper CF look over the traditional chrome. Until this happens, I shall pass!

Plus....they'll be yellow within a week of use!

Actually, a very good point!
Is this still the case? Surely they have got a proper resin sorted by now, no?

As far as I know, they have heat resistant gel coat now that's supposed to withstand heat much better, but I have no idea about the longevity and resistant to yellowing.

And I think unlike R8, RS6 etc, RS3 isn't available in some of the larger market yet, like US or even China, so the major brand tends to stick with the ones that have much larger number perhaps?

Definitely. They would have to be a slide on fit over the existing pipe.

For someone who knew moulding and CF manufacture, it would be a doddle. I just do not know why no one has done this - plenty for the RS6 and R8 and I would have thought those two a more difficult market to sell into than the RS3...

CF is growing on me. Not so long ago, I thought it was ugly as interior trim. Outside it was good as it has a functional appearance. The problem [for me anyway] is that it is all very itty-bitty: Someone makes a mirror cover, someone else makes an exhaust tip, but no one has gone the whole hog and made a complete embellishment set to such as a pack of rails, mirror covers, exhaust tips, door handles, shark fin and badges - something that would give a whole and proper CF look over the traditional chrome. Until this happens, I shall pass!

They have... Visit Carbon-designz. Can get anything under the sun.

You have RS3 suppliers well covered! I have googled tips several times and never came up with Carbon-Designz!
OK, not cheap. I think I will stick to my plan - after the rear brakes put in a complete exhaust from MTM or Milltek and put the $750 towards one of these.