CARBON FIBRE DIPPED S3 ALLOYS.. THOUGHTS?? SEE LINK

not for me but its your car do what you like :) there a bargin at 99p lol

They look quite cool, but if they sustain any kerbing or other damage, then the only thing you can do is touch them up with black paint, so could end up looking quite tatty over a period of time. The guy selling has already had to resort to using black paint on one of them that had been kerbed. If you could get them cheap, might be worth a punt. :wub: xx

Fail wheels. Carbon wheels??

No. Dont buy them.

To note im all for carbon i think its lovely if you use it for show on splitters engine bay and interior but wheels....ahh

Im not a big fan.
Maybe on a different car, maybe on different wheels.
At least they are unique, but I agree with willowsdad, there are better options for your £600.

What on earth is carbon dipped ?? sounds a bit like tartan dipped ? i mean how do you dip and get a pattern ?

Thanks Pinter
so its basically a decal stuck on the surface, nothing to do with C/F at all. I sometimes build model motorcycles and that is how i replicate C/F on my models
You can see here this a little model i built a while back with C/F on the exhaust

Yamcamel.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pinterovski
This is the same thing i used on a Ferrari inlet tray..This is about 5cm long though

F19025.jpg

F19026.jpg

To me the Hydro Dipping is a bit of an overkill for the standard carbon fibre look. The process really only comes into itself on more intricate graphics. If you do like the look of Carbon Fibre wheels then I'd stick to Vinyl as it's cheap enough of eBay and once you learn the basics it's easy enough to apply yourself. Especially on wheels that are prone to kerbing.