Carbon wrapped (not roof......yet)

bigrich690

Reaction score
Fancied having ago with some carbon wrap, and this is the result........

photo-38.jpg

photo-39.jpg

photo-40.jpg

.........quick one from last night on the car (minus the number plate).........

photo-41.jpg

......some this AM at work........

photo-44.jpg

photo-42.jpg

photo-43.jpg

.........hope you like :)

Reactions: Paullie
Excellent job as always, Rich! Getting it to look that perfect isn't easy, ..hat's off to you once again! Your grille is pretty special :wub: xx

I just measured top to button and side to size which if I can remember was about 700mm x 850mm so went on eBay and there it was for sale at £4.99 lol same for the rear valance, was something like 350mm x 1270mm for £2.89, it got kinda late so didn't do anymore but I plan to do the door blades next and the door pillars between the doors :) thanks for the comments guys, it looks 10 times better in the flesh and was really glad it came out as good as it did, I did get help with my old man and my uncle so alot of the credit does go to them, we plan on doing the roof soon just need a price on the matirials

Looks good mate! Love the grille. How did you get the rear diffuser/valance off? And did you use a heat gun or a hairdryer to apply the wrap?

I've got an SE and i'm not too keen on the matt black plastic on the rear bumper

Yea I used a heat gun and you need to pull the rear valance off, you think your going to break it but there is no other way just pull one side away from the bumper and then the others side same then pull what's left away from the bumper and it's off, scary at first but so easy after your first go at it lol

Cheers mate. I'm waiting for my rear bumper to be replaced because a Ford Ka decided to drive into mine, and dont fancy damaging a new bumper. I'll try doing it in situ with a hairdryer as £3.50 isnt exactly bank breaking if i mess it up (probably best not to use a heatgun near painted bits lol), should be easier to wrap than the s-line one as it doesnt have the bottom lip on the SE

Would you like a full list of modifications I've done so you know what to do next? :icon_thumright:

I've got one side of the car done and was gonna do the other half tomorrow but I don't think I've got enough wrap to finish it oops so better get on eBay for some more lol

Well done on the wrapping, looks good. You've done a better job than the new guy I've got at working for me. And he's meant to have experience!

Did the door blades yesterday and the door pillars and triangles today, didnt think id have enough left for them but i did........

photo-45.jpg

photo-46.jpg

photo-47.jpg

photo-48.jpg

.....they turned out ok i thought :)

Looks good! Can you take a few steps back and take another pic of the whole car? ;-)

I needed to re-align my bumper so whilst i had it off i decided to have ago at de-tangoing my head lights.......

photo-49.jpg

........they were a **** to get out at they go in rather than pull out so had to **** about abit, but got there in the end, and took out the crome bit too to make them abit more black :) the end result........

photo-50.jpg

......it looks loads better de-tangoed :) will take some better pics in the daylight soon

Good job fella, looks so much better. Any misting/condensation issues once lights back together.

Mac

well i just finished them anout an hour ago so not seen any yet but that is my worst nightmare at the min, thats why ive waited so long to do them coz i put myself off incase that happens but its done now, fingers crossed

well i just finished them anout an hour ago so not seen any yet but that is my worst nightmare at the min, thats why ive waited so long to do them coz i put myself off incase that happens but its done now, fingers crossed

Let's hope it's a success, still a top job

Did the door blades yesterday and the door pillars and triangles today, didnt think id have enough left for them but i did........I

photo-47.jpg

.....they turned out ok i thought :)

Honestly - all looking good.........'til you did the blades :undwech:

ive done my door blades and i still unsure if they go at all! same colour as yours 2
421227_10151372961430457_842295456_23231250_1773273531_n.jpg

also done rear valance
427574_10151372962445457_842295456_23231258_839013813_n.jpg

How much of a tw@t was that rear valance! Looks like a piece of **** but hell no, it's well hard :motz:

Im with you, some times I look and think have I gone too far, but then other times I look and think it looks ace and makes the boring silver stand out and it's something different to look at

Each to their own, but I think the blades now set the car apart and looks good, maybe vinyl wrapping the window trim too :icon_thumright:

tbh im not a fan of this carbon fiber wrap stuff, had it on my old saxo bonnet (chav tastic i know!)

but good work and this is what modifying is all about doing what you like on your car, top work as per lad! like the de tango'd lights tho :)

Like you say each to there own.

Mac, I think I may just take the window trim off, I was having this same discussion with my old man, I'm already on the border line off going too far with the carbon wrap and still want to do my roof so may just get some black trim like what's on the B6 models as I hate Crome alot!

I've got some matte black vinyl to wrap mine with, was gonna get the black trim from Audi til they quoted £700 fitted:asskicking:

Apparently the trims are riveted inside the door panels.

Here you go mate, car needs a clean but best I can do for now.......

Hope these give you a better idea of what they look like?

Cheers! I've just bought a silver B7. I wanted black originally but found what I wanted otherwise in silver and it's growing on me - seeing some nicely modded examples is helping convince me :) The de-tangoing is something I'd like to do but prising open light clusters makes me nervous. The only modding I've done before was fitting cruise/DIS to my old B6. Body work is a whole other ball game!

A4Ade-Same here mate but I'm taking risks and they are turning out great, I used a hot air gun and when it was warm, prized open the light and the sealant was like warm blue tak so was easy to do, then warmed it back up and went back together no problem, I highly recommend doing it as it costs nothing to do

Mac- Wow I think I may do the same as you then and just do it on the car, will be ordering me some :)

Another quickie, I think I've realised why the door blades just don't look right, it's the doors them selves, the door lines above the blades that the s-line badges are on, they make them look odd, I wonder if they are just stuck on to the doors? If so I may remove them and fit my s-line badges under the side indicators like where they are on a B8? Any ideas on my theory?

They are just stuck on, just remove & replace with s-line black badges like mine :hubbahubba:

BlackBadgepics008.jpg

BlackBadgepics011.jpg

The wrapping looks well good. How long did it take to do the grill Rich?

About 30mins to an hour, it takes longer tucking and tidying up really and same preparing and re-fitting

As for my idea earlier on, where the door strips are, if I were to take them off the door is shapped behind them so wouldn't look right so had to scrap that idea :(