cardan/ propeller shaft BANG...

fernando young

Reaction score
after two weeks of upgrading to stage 2, the car has been running crazy fast.
but today i was in a traffic light and felt like doing a launch control, so when light changed green, released the brake, and then i heard a loud BANG like something shapping, at the beginning i didnt know if it was the CV joints or the cardan breaking due to too much power/torque.
unfortunately its late saturday and there was nowhere to take it and see what happened, so had to take it home rolling, luckily i was 3 blocks away. had to roll 4-5km/h hearing this clinking noise, it was not constant or the same noise all the time.

at home, lifted a little and the CV joint looked okay, and there were no wiggles or anything
so took a look at the cardan shaft and it was all rattling from the front to the middle, because from the middle to the rear everything seems to be in place, no wiggles or rattling.

i've read about prop shaft bolts on ttrs exploding when doing launch controls, so i dont know if its the same in this case. because it looks like my issue is in the middle joint of the cardan.
i cant clearly take a look because i need to remove the heat shield under the exhaust test pipes to see what exactly happened, because the front of the cardan looks in place

has this happened to anyone before?
thanks