Care products for the new car

andylee

Reaction score
I'm after a bit of advice as to what products will give the best results for an A4 Avant I've just bought, as below!

Image182.jpg

I'm not much of a detailer, but what I've got in my box already is only the Mequiars Quick Clay kit, Autoglym Super Resin Polish, and Mequiars Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Wax.

While this combo seemed to work nicely on my silver Golf, it really doesn't seem to make the colour stand out at all on the blue Audi.

I have some minor swirls marks on the bonnet which I would like to attempt to correct or at least mask, and have been looking at the following products.

Would this be a good starter, and should I drop the Mequiars wax and use something else to finish?

Menzerna 203S + Lake Country German CCS Light Cut Pad
Poorboys Black Hole Glaze + Lake Country German CCS Polishing Pad

The other option is to go for the Werkstat Acrylic kit?

I'm after a real nice deep glossy finish.

Any help/advice much appreciated, as it's about time I started to look after my cars!

Last edited:
The above combination (203S followed by black hole) is definitely a good place to start mate. Obviously with the Audi paint being hard you will struggle to get anything more than light scratches out but it will add a noticeable improvement in terms of clarity and gloss.

If you're after a really nice deep gloss then I would suggest Blackfire Wet Diamond topped with Blackfire Midnight Sun wax (or just the wax if your budget cant stretch to both). The Werkstat would look great but would give off a slightly more harder reflective look as opposed to the glossy and deep look the BF will give :)

Hope that helps :icon_thumright:

Slightly different cause i have a black car.
But i use Meguiars Gold Clash Shampoo, AG SRP, Car-Lack68 Nano Tech, then Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Wax.
I get very good results, See Below
audi022.jpg

I currently use blackfire wet diamond topped with rg55 the blackfire is superb and a better choice to go for than the black hole. I have both and this is only my opinion.

Many thanks for the replies, I've hinted at the other half for my christmas presents of Blackfire Wet Diamond and some wax!

Cheers again!