****** Careless Drivers

forever

Reaction score
Returned to my car yesterday and wing mirror has been hit and damaged :(, not had the chance to look as it was dark and i was off to work first thing also in the dark..
But its going to need a new glass as the old one was nowhere to be seen, plus i am getting an error on the display about the bulb so i guess that's also knackered, are the parts available and easy to fit or is it a case of dropping it into my local dealer..
thanks..

Returned to my car yesterday and wing mirror has been hit and damaged :(, not had the chance to look as it was dark and i was off to work first thing also in the dark..
But its going to need a new glass as the old one was nowhere to be seen, plus i am getting an error on the display about the bulb so i guess that's also knackered, are the parts available and easy to fit or is it a case of dropping it into my local dealer..
thanks..

Its an easy job fitting new mirror.
I would suggest you check all the fixing to ensure nothing is broke further.

I had to replace my LED light strip which requires basic tools, one being a small sized security bit (halfords).
There's a few good videos on youtube showing how to break it down and the various fixings etc.

Would also suggest you get a set of plastic trim tools these help prize everything apart without scratching everything.
Last important point, do not, like in some of the youtube videos, attempt to just pull off the wing mirror top housing as it will more than likely snap some of the fixings.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, just so frustrating, must of hit it pretty hard too, as i could not find the mirror glass anywhere, hoping the wires et el are still ok and not pulled out..

Got the prices for original glass, X4 the cost of aftermarket anyone used aftermarket or should I just use the Audi supplied mirror glass....