Carista App

I can't get beep when alarm is enabled to work. It just keeps saying trouble connecting. Other stuff does.

Did you run a scan on the car and find out what sort of codes it is throwing, if any. Might give you an idea as to why it is giving an error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20180525 124436

If I activate Audi Drive will I lose this when I press the car button?

Does Carista give you a Launch Control count?? Is that free or do you need to subscribe for it?? @Tashfeen ?? Guessing you’ll know this one.

Does Carista give you a Launch Control count?? Is that free or do you need to subscribe for it?? @Tashfeen ?? Guessing you’ll know this one.

Yes, it does have launch counter. I am not too sure if the unpaid version does as I have the paid one which does

Might have my car in for some Warranty Work in a couple weeks time so thinking of getting this to check the mechs haven’t been racing my car round the place!!

Yes, it does have launch counter. I am not too sure if the unpaid version does as I have the paid one which does

Which menu is it under? I haven't seen it, but can't remember whether I have paid version or not, I thought I did

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Which menu is it under? I haven't seen it, but can't remember whether I have paid version or not, I thought I did

I believe it is under 'Service'. A colleague at work has borrowed mine otherwise I would've checked and let you know exactly where to look.

Reactions: mrbubba
I believe it is under 'Service'. A colleague at work has borrowed mine otherwise I would've checked and let you know exactly where to look.

The Mrs took my car to work, otherwise I would have checked mine

Reactions: V6_Man
Is there any app that is free that will show you the fault codes? To save me from paying for Carista.

MMI is playing up and there are error codes, just don't know what they are yet:

40573065190_4433538b6e_b.jpg

There is probably VCDS Lite if it still exists, though as I'm a fully paid up owner of VCDS I don't know how much it allows it to reset. As usual, good information and good functionality does cost you money.

Thanks, not looking to reset, just know what they are for now really.

Just for info. I am in Todmorden, Lancashire. My subscription runs out in a week, so if anyone wants to use it, free of charge, with the carista dongle send me a message.

Hi all - Swindon based here with Carista year sub if anybody needs anything doing or checking.

Carista adapter now £9.99 on Amazon

Yup, Carista has been sending out fliers about that, I got my second one during last year's cheap deal, I thought that Carista were, at that time, just moving out of the dongle/adapter market - one year on it seems not so!

I had a look today and haven't seen anything. In fact it seems that some things have been removed, certainly the Soundaktor adjustment used to be there. You could have a look at the Beta version but that is (obviously) not going to be fully stable.

Just bought Carista,

Would anyone know if I can use OBD Eleven app on Android with the Carista adapater? I want to enable VIM and it seems its not possible with Carista...

Thanks

Just bought Carista,

Would anyone know if I can use OBD Eleven app on Android with the Carista adapater? I want to enable VIM and it seems its not possible with Carista...

Thanks

Nah, you'll need their OBD Eleven adapter for that.

Reactions: metzer_001
Ive had this app for a while its handy as hell,inabled loads of stuff and cleared codes,ive tried it on fords and vauxhall and it doesnt work on them tho

In Leeds with a month free trial if anybody wants to use my carista before the trial runs out.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Just done these changes using the Carista app on our new to us used A4 Avant :thumbs up:

1. Beep when alarm is armed
2. Unlock doors via remote - All doors on 1st press
3. Instrument cluster region - Was set to Germany, oddly. Altered to Great Britain
4. Gauge needle sweep at startup
5. Lap timer & oil temperature in dashboard
6. Flash hazard lights in emergency stopping
7. Require seat belt when releasing parking brake - No
8. Lower passenger-side mirror when in reverse gear
9. Remember position when lowering passenger-side mirror in reverse gear
10. Hidden green menu
11. & 12. ADS (Both of 2 steps done)
13. Show engine option in ADS menu
14. Show steering option in ADS menu

Remembered not to add 'Show suspension option in ADS menu'

Reactions: Rich76, THQuattro and Marky007
What can been done in hidden green menu?

Was,hoping to get visual parking aid is this still possible as I only have the beep.

Just done these changes using the Carista app on our new to us used A4 Avant :thumbs up:

1. Beep when alarm is armed
2. Unlock doors via remote - All doors on 1st press
3. Instrument cluster region - Was set to Germany, oddly. Altered to Great Britain
4. Gauge needle sweep at startup
5. Lap timer & oil temperature in dashboard
6. Flash hazard lights in emergency stopping
7. Require seat belt when releasing parking brake - No
8. Lower passenger-side mirror when in reverse gear
9. Remember position when lowering passenger-side mirror in reverse gear
10. Hidden green menu
11. & 12. ADS (Both of 2 steps done)
13. Show engine option in ADS menu
14. Show steering option in ADS menu

Remembered not to add 'Show suspension option in ADS menu'
I did all those on mine but found the mirror dip in reverse was awful

I could never get the beep when alarm is armed to work.

How bizarre. Yours is a B8.5, isn't it. I have it activated on my A3 8V as well as the B8 SE that I had.

What is the problem?

I found the mirror wouldn't return to the same spot and over a couple of reverses you would need to re-align the mirror! Sometimes in reverse I wouldn't want it to drop either so now-a-days I have it off by default by having the switch in another position. I'll use it if only needing to reverse park close to a kerb on the passenger side.

I found the mirror wouldn't return to the same spot and over a couple of reverses you would need to re-align the mirror! Sometimes in reverse I wouldn't want it to drop either so now-a-days I have it off by default by having the switch in another position. I'll use it if only needing to reverse park close to a kerb on the passenger side.

Same here, it doesn’t really locate to exactly the same position. Just move the switch to passenger side as and when I need it. It is handy for curbs on that side though. Especially with freshly colour changed wheels!!!

Same here, it doesn’t really locate to exactly the same position. Just move the switch to passenger side as and when I need it. It is handy for curbs on that side though. Especially with freshly colour changed wheels!!!

I asked the developer about this as I had the same problem. The mirror position is stored in the same memory that the power seats use. If you don’t have the power seats the mirror won’t remember it’s position.

Carista came yesterday so I've had a play around with it. Knocking off seatbelt alarm, getting that god awful start/stop to remember that as a rule I want it off, led and rear DRL enabled, and ADS which I'm looking forward to trying out! Any ideas why that wouldn't simply just be enabled on the car since it exists anyway?

I've not touched the green menu other than following instructions for enabling ADS, anything else useful in there? I'm nervous about tinkering....

Can you not close all windows on locking the car?? This doesn’t seem to work with a long press on the remote?