carnt decide and need advice

tubby-ben

Reaction score
pretty simple question really
i have a 150bhp ko3 agu engine and i want more power
how much money is a rough estimate for a ko4 conversion?
i dont want to remap it and then wished id gone ko4, but saying that if its a question of a few hundred pounds against a few thousand then i could live with it.
what sort of horsepower do our a3's need to keep up with scoobys, vxrs etc?
i know its not a comparison but got left for dead by my mates corsa vxr the other night.

Research mate! I like u did my stage one and now on stage two and now sorting the car out for the ko4 conversion as you can see in my sig I'm running nice power and have easily taken m3's but I don't do things to my car to try and beat other cars! I do it to know the power is there if and when I need it I can have it, you ask what sort of bhp is needed to beat a scooby well how long is a piece of string I have owned myself 4 scooby's in the past it's a whole new ball game but I love German reliability, the cost of the ko4 all depends how far u want to go with it? How much power would u be happy with or want I'm looking for about 260-280 on my build and I'm more then happy if I get that, the choices are endless mate, but as I said do loads of research and learn then decide what u want to do, there are plenty of decent people here to advise u but u got to know what route u wanna take , I would just go stage one first then decide if u want more power what route u wanna take, if u are local to se London I would be more then happy to take u out in my stage 2 but think what's best for u and don't worry about chasing cars if the jobs been done right with the correct bits they will be chasing after you lol

good luck with what u decide and feel free to contact me for more info or advice

Customboy :)

Research mate! I like u did my stage one and now on stage two and now sorting the car out for the ko4 conversion as you can see in my sig I'm running nice power and have easily taken m3's but I don't do things to my car to try and beat other cars! I do it to know the power is there if and when I need it I can have it, you ask what sort of bhp is needed to beat a scooby well how long is a piece of string I have owned myself 4 scooby's in the past it's a whole new ball game but I love German reliability, the cost of the ko4 all depends how far u want to go with it? How much power would u be happy with or want I'm looking for about 260-280 on my build and I'm more then happy if I get that, the choices are endless mate, but as I said do loads of research and learn then decide what u want to do, there are plenty of decent people here to advise u but u got to know what route u wanna take , I would just go stage one first then decide if u want more power what route u wanna take, if u are local to se London I would be more then happy to take u out in my stage 2 but think what's best for u and don't worry about chasing cars if the jobs been done right with the correct bits they will be chasing after you lol

good luck with what u decide and feel free to contact me for more info or advice

cheers for your help mate, im in reigate which is about 20 minutes from croydon area or 5 minutes in your case. lol.
i think i will go stage 1, i dont really want to upgrade internals just yet, then i will get everything else sorted like brakes, suspension, bushes etc and then possible stage 2 or ko4 later on. I get what you say about chasing cars, im not really a boy racer, ive had 54 cars now, from mini's to vr6's and have owned a scooby too. i just want to know in my head that if i was to go head to head with a car then i would stand half a chance. i love my car with a passion and would not dream of selling her, has been so reliable even with the odd few nocking noises that come and go. your car sounds pretty cool and with 222bhp im sure it goes like stink.. cheers for the info mate.

have easily taken m3's....but I don't do things to my car to try and beat other cars!...I do it to know the power is there if and when I need it I can have it

I do love your enthusiasm. Please bottle and sell it...i'd happily buy one.

Reading about your M3 beater...makes me think that I bought the wrong vehicle. :)

Haha well jim I did beat a m3 he was gutted ! Even my friend at work chased me and couldn't come close in his m3 !! Yeah true it wasn't on straights lol but I loved it!

Haha well jim I did beat a m3 he was gutted ! Even my friend at work chased me and couldn't come close in his m3 !! Yeah true it wasn't on straights lol but I loved it!

Prawn 2nd :)

u dont need to upgrade internals for a k04 conversion?

i have a stage 1 on mine and its awsome completely different car and for the sum of 150-200 and 80 for a 007p recirc its good bangs for bucks. like everyone says its not about hp its that pulling force that puts the smile on your face a stage 1 will put a smile on ur face. customboy is looking for a massive cheshire grin lol

id go stage 1 then think about k04 or hybrid

u dont need to upgrade internals for a k04 conversion?

i have a stage 1 on mine and its awsome completely different car and for the sum of 150-200 and 80 for a 007p recirc its good bangs for bucks. like everyone says its not about hp its that pulling force that puts the smile on your face a stage 1 will put a smile on ur face. customboy is looking for a massive cheshire grin lol

id go stage 1 then think about k04 or hybrid
cheers oly im gunna go stage 1 remap asap