CarPlay and iOS11 or iPhone X?

PR.

Reaction score
Not sure if its since the release of iOS11 or since I upgraded to the iPhone X but pretty much 100% of the time if I'm using CarPlay and something takes over the screen temporarily e.g. parking cameras, proximity sensors, then the MMI screen will be stuck on the main radial menu and if I click on CarPlay the icon just bounces. If I was using CarPlay for audio then that will continue to play and the steering wheel controls will skip tracks but I can't get back to the menu without unplugging and replugging the iPhone.

Has anyone else had this?

I've had the same issue with the iPhone 6 plus and now with the iPhone X, what works for me is if this bug occurs and I can't get back into CarPlay, I press the shortcut button into the radio section, leave it in there for 5/10 seconds and click back into the CarPlay and it works.

Hopefully it works for you, only just discovered this myself but this method works every time.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go

Had a problem connecting to my MMI after updating to iOS11 (this is in my A1) Phoned local dealership up and they upgraded the software in the car.

Problem solved

Not had this issue come up (also running an iPhone X since launch) we've also had the latest software update when our B9 had its 20k miles service, so I'd assume that must've fixed the issue too.

Was using CarPlay this afternoon when I first plugged it in it kept disconnecting and reconnecting, so I rebooted the MMI and it then worked fine right up until the proximity sensors triggered by a passing van then I was stuck on the main menu, tried switching to Radio and back but didn't work.

Guess I'll have to speak to the dealers about a software update. Maybe an update will fix the "HEY I CANT GET A SIGNAL SO LET ME COVER THE WHOLE SCREEN WITH A MESSAGE YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT" when the SIM card loses signal, I can live in hope...

They might well update yours as you are having all these issues, which I am sure you can demonstrate. Hopefully there is an update available..

As a stop gap I've discovered I can go to the Main Menu > Settings > Connection Manager > Scroll to the bottom (think it's Smartphone Connection) select it and a sub option opens "CarPlay connection "Phone name"" untick it then re-tick it and the connection is restored until the next time it gets interrupted...

this issue is now resolved with IOS 11.3 firmware