Carplay

ChrisS1

Hi all,

I popped into my dealer today to see my new A4 (pre PDI), and I am collecting it on Tuesday. Luckily we're away this weekend else it would be a very long wait!!!

Please tell me if the car comes with the cable for connecting to the Audi Smartphone Interface (with lightning connector for iPhone) or if I need to buy one in advance.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 121

Daggerit

Just use your normal iPhone charging cable in the armrest USB and that'll do it.

ChrisS1

Just use your normal iPhone charging cable in the armrest USB and that'll do it.

Oh right I see, so connecting via a standard USB to Lightning cable in the armrest also connects the phone to the smartphone interface? I didn't realise that. Now I feel really thick!

Thanks for clearing that up! Many thanks.

Daggerit

Yeah! It's easier than expected, having come from a B8.5 myself where you needed the special cable.

Don't feel thick, these are the kinds of things the forum are here for! :)

Parklife

Mine did have a cable with it, but as others have said any lightening cable will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keef

I thought it still comes with a USB to iPhone cable, just not as unique as the old Ami cable use to be? I'm sure the demo I car I drove had the cables in.

maui

I had a Audi branded iPhone USB cable thrown in by the dealer which was used for my fleet order. It's a thick spiral cable with both ends having a hinge to flex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuke2u

Yeah, they should ask you what phone you have and give you the usb version...