Carplay

ChrisS1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I popped into my dealer today to see my new A4 (pre PDI), and I am collecting it on Tuesday. Luckily we're away this weekend else it would be a very long wait!!!

Please tell me if the car comes with the cable for connecting to the Audi Smartphone Interface (with lightning connector for iPhone) or if I need to buy one in advance.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 184
Just use your normal iPhone charging cable in the armrest USB and that'll do it.

Reactions: ChrisS1
Just use your normal iPhone charging cable in the armrest USB and that'll do it.

Oh right I see, so connecting via a standard USB to Lightning cable in the armrest also connects the phone to the smartphone interface? I didn't realise that. Now I feel really thick!

Thanks for clearing that up! Many thanks.

Yeah! It's easier than expected, having come from a B8.5 myself where you needed the special cable.

Don't feel thick, these are the kinds of things the forum are here for! :)

Reactions: ChrisS1
Mine did have a cable with it, but as others have said any lightening cable will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleD and Daggerit
I thought it still comes with a USB to iPhone cable, just not as unique as the old Ami cable use to be? I'm sure the demo I car I drove had the cables in.

Reactions: Daggerit
I had a Audi branded iPhone USB cable thrown in by the dealer which was used for my fleet order. It's a thick spiral cable with both ends having a hinge to flex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they should ask you what phone you have and give you the usb version...

Definitely ask for one, I don't think you get one with the car as such.