Cars still coming through with mixed specification (Carbon Saloon) ?

Mike.46

Reaction score
Stafford Audi have a Carbon saloon that appears to have Adaptive cruise and flat bottom wheel which isn’t available on the UK configurator, look closely at pics of steering wheel and the ‘distance’ logo can be made out on the cruise stalk

Stafford Audi have a Carbon saloon that appears to have Adaptive cruise and flat bottom wheel which isn’t available on the UK configurator, look closely at pics of steering wheel and the ‘distance’ logo can be made out on the cruise stalk

Must do, unless they've fitted the wrong stalk :tearsofjoy:
@Snake Pliskin What's yours got?

Reactions: Mike.46
Flat bottom steering wheel is standard on the carbon model & yes I have the exact same stalk with adaptive cruise.
So you've got a nice little extra with adaptive cruise then!
On the config it's an option that forces the DAP and the round wheel

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Mike.46
Flat bottom steering wheel is standard on the carbon model & yes I have the exact same stalk with adaptive cruise.
And yet if you try adding adaptive cruise to a carbon saloon it comes back with you must add the full assistance pack?

Audi UK..........finger on the pulse again......................whata bunch of To**ers

Reactions: HulkRS3 and Snake Pliskin
It’s not just the carbon trim, base trim RS3s are coming with adaptive cruise too
778FF5CE 2357 49A0 B37A 41F993C7093E

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
Yeah I only ordered C&S as extra - but it appears that all cars are getting adaptive cruise.
Ooooh. That’s a nice bonus as I wanted to spec adaptive but wasn’t paying the price of the full pack. Adaptive itself was only advertised at like £250.

Reactions: AndyVWR and Snake Pliskin
One of the reasons I went for the Vorsprung over the carbon edition and now I could have had the adaptive cruise for free and with a flat botom'd steering wheel AND without the stupid silly wheel graphics...........................ANNOYED HERE, I can feel a rant at Audi coming one :gun2::gun2:

I need to take the dog out before writing to Audi or i'm likely to tell em to shove the car up their ar*e

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and jimbo255
One of the reasons I went for the Vorsprung over the carbon edition and now I could have had the adaptive cruise for free and with a flat botom'd steering wheel AND without the stupid silly wheel graphics...........................ANNOYED HERE, I can feel a rant at Audi coming one :gun2::gun2:

I need to take the dog out before writing to Audi or i'm likely to tell em to shove the car up their ar*e
Just remember that lovely panoramic sun roof (maybe the most expensive sunroof ever fitted!)

Reactions: Detail Devil
Is it active or fitted so it can be enabled as a function on demand?
Good point. It will be important to check what is actually fitted and operational on each model variant as they arrive.

So does yours actually work/enabled or is it just the stalk that's fitted?
Dunno ..... I've not used it yet :tearsofjoy:
I'm not cruising about, I'm razzing about atm :bluecar::dashsymbol::boom:

Reactions: AndyVWR and 8YARWY
Stafford have one with Ceramics and green valve caps

9d1a6e5a9f31b3ac67ccc81404fd237c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£80k? No fees though!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Apache007, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
Good point. It will be important to check what is actually fitted and operational on each model variant as they arrive.
I’m sure I’ve seen a post in the A3 8Y section where it was fitted but not enabled.

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
I’m sure I’ve seen a post in the A3 8Y section where it was fitted but not enabled.
The Frankenstein spec car I test drove had the same stalk but wasn't activated. The normal cruise worked fine but it said that it needed some subscription or something for the adaptive part to work when I flicked the distance switch.

The Frankenstein spec car I test drove had the same stalk but wasn't activated. The normal cruise worked fine but it said that it needed some subscription or something for the adaptive part to work when I flicked the distance switch.
Cheers. That subscription will be a function on demand. Currently afaik only e-tron cars in the uk have this available.

Cheers. That subscription will be a function on demand. Currently afaik only e-tron cars in the uk have this available.
So all the cars are being built with the adaptive hardware and not able to use it basically?

It’s common now across most brands. Functionality is there but locked down. In Audis case stops us enabling with vcds for example. Works out cheaper as you only have to build one set of components instead of different versions.

I’d also guess it’s an impact of covid to reduce manufacturing costs.

My MY22 A6 has the normal stalk so I guess this is a new thing.

It’s been on the cards a while now.

Audi seem to be introducing a lot more "Function on Demand",
I noticed it of Speed limit sign recognition too.
Looks like with Vorsprung you are basically buying the functions for life, but you can enable some functions by buying a subscription on other models, bit like Audi connect and sat nav was on my RS5 was. At least I hope that's what it is.
Audi better not be asking for a subscription on Vorsprung for features like Matrix headlights!!

Looks like with Vorsprung you are basically buying the functions for life, but you can enable some functions by buying a subscription on other models, bit like Audi connect and sat nav was on my RS5 was. At least I hope that's what it is.
Audi better not be asking for a subscription on Vorsprung for features like Matrix headlights!!
Matrix is hardware and software. FoD is only software so can be enabled online.

Do they / can they block VCDS users from making changes then eg free upgrades?

TX.

ODIS access with sWAP codes required.

Like it is now with cruise control, Smartphone interface activations.

Learn something new every day. I thought matrix and normal led were two different light units.
They definitely are on things like the 8Y and things like the A4. Wondering if maybe the e-tron has been 'future-proofed' a bit to allow for things like this versus the older models.

Well, looks like I will need to keep a close eye on this thread and ASN in general. Adaptive Cruise was one of the features I would have liked but wasn't willing to spec approx £1300 Driver Assistance Package and get a different steering wheel as well.
So as far as I can see from thread above, it looks like the facility may be built into the cars and then we need to wait for the option to pick from Function on Demand (as usual...what will be the cost?). If you can choose level, hopefully it won't be too much and Audi UK releases availability later this year or early next.

There is always a little twist when it comes to Audi options....when I was reading first few threads, I dared to dream a little, before you guys hit me with the, its build in but you need to subscribe to add function (and need to wait for it to be available via Audi UK)

Well, looks like I will need to keep a close eye on this thread and ASN in general. Adaptive Cruise was one of the features I would have liked but wasn't willing to spec approx £1300 Driver Assistance Package and get a different steering wheel as well.
So as far as I can see from thread above, it looks like the facility may be built into the cars and then we need to wait for the option to pick from Function on Demand (as usual...what will be the cost?). If you can choose level, hopefully it won't be too much and Audi UK releases availability later this year or early next.

There is always a little twist when it comes to Audi options....when I was reading first few threads, I dared to dream a little, before you guys hit me with the, its build in but you need to subscribe to add function (and need to wait for it to be available via Audi UK)

It was/is dependant on what other systems were / are fitted to the car, as a lot of these require the camera in the windscreen, sensors in the bumpers etc.
so a car may have the relevant camera etc but only for say traffic sign recognition, but is capable of front / side assist etc just not enabled.

Light units are being standardised I imagine to allow all these features to be enabled at some point, thus allowing Audi another revenue stream.

For Audi it’s a win win, because they hike the base price up to cover the hardware at the factory, and then charge extra for enabling the feature.

Reactions: AndyVWR and Mike.46
I would have rather had just the stalk on my Vorsprung and then paid for the adaptive cruise and kept the flat bottomed wheel, i'll probably spend quite a while with VCDS looking for the 'remember last setting' for some/most of the driver assist sh*te

Stafford have one with Ceramics and green valve caps

9d1a6e5a9f31b3ac67ccc81404fd237c.png

I had a look around that Sunday. Assumed it was a customer car, still had transit stickers on. A shame instead of offering the cars new they are registering and selling used with a profit

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY