****** cat sat on my bonnet

Bittern

Reaction score
Any body else get cat's sat on your car ?

I am a cat lover(yes I am a owner), but when I see one sat on my bonnet warming up its bum it makes my blood boil. This happened today, I looked out after I got home from work and there he is the neighbours cat sat bolt upright on my car's bonnet looking around :rage:. I went out clapped my hands and scarred him off.

I have read in the past that cats don't like the smell of Jeyes fluid, so I went crazy and squirted loads on the ground all around my car. If that doesn't work then i'll get one of those ultra sonic pest things to put above the garage door ?.

****** Cat's GRRRRRRRRRR!

Trouble is, if you scare them off they are more likely to damage your car getting off it quicker than they would normally.

Reactions: steeve
When I was in Wales, my daughter had a seagull sitting on her roof who also decided to use it as a bird toilet. Stuff was like concrete. So glad it wasn't on mine!

I tried one of the ultrasonic scarers (B&Q) because I had a cat making a mess of my new drive. Did the job nicely, and cat's are still staying away even though the battery has been dead for a month.

I tried one of the ultrasonic scarers (B&Q) because I had a cat making a mess of my new drive. Did the job nicely, and cat's are still staying away even though the battery has been dead for a month.

+1 for the ultrasonics, have a ring of them like claymores round the garden to stop them crapping on the lawn, it's the only thing that's worked so far. I like cats but not when there are two of them competing for faecal supremacy in my garden.

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Ignition1
Yeah my neighbours cat gets on the bonnet of mine.

Apparently they don't like orange peel and black pepper

I often see muddy paw prints from a local cat across the bonnet and roof. Clearly like the heat it gives off.

At least we don't have to deal with this -

[photo="large"]6246[/photo]

Should point out that this image was proved fake...good Photoshop though!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and steeve
Yeah my neighbours cat gets on the bonnet of mine.

Apparently they don't like orange peel and black pepper

Some well placed razor blades on the bonnet would also do the trick but make sure you replace them regularly as don't want to give the poor thing blood poisoning :grinning:

Reactions: Matthew_S3
Yeah my cats walk all over mine when it's in the garage, they love the heat off the bonnet. If i leave the boot open i end up with them all over the inside and falling asleep in the boot.

Reactions: DommyR
A lot of stray cats near me mainly because people keep feeding them... keep finding a filthy bonnet. almost at the last resort of you know what.

It's seagulls up here. ****** nightmare. I polished my car this summer and a seagull was seeing it's reflection in my door and having a fight with itself! At work, they take off and can cover the car from front to back depending on the consistency of the poo.

Reactions: Ignition1
Cat's sit on my bonnet a lot at work, obviously I'm in my office, the car is outside. I was faced with a dilemma :tongueclosed:. I found that the VCDS tweak of the acoustic lock makes them run a mile. Works a treat :yahoo:

Reactions: Rob2k68
They don't tend to do any damage, thankfully, but still not nice.
Agree with S32B don't frighten them or they'll dig their claws in as they scramble to get away.

They do not like citrus so go for a polish with a smell of citrus that will keep them away