Catalunya Red question

RYuill

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up there car in this colour yet? If so what was your first impressions of it?

I have ordered Catalunya Red, however, I have never actually seen it in the flesh, only in photos. I'm aware that it can look quite orange at times, which I actually like. I'm just wondering under what conditions give you what shade of red/orange?

I mean, Is it usually Red on a sunny day or when it's overcast etc.

I was quite confident in my colour choice until I was at the dealers yesterday. He asked me if I had seen it as it's quite a funny colour, then asked me twice if I was sure. This has now put doubts in my head.

Cheers.
Rickie

Has anyone picked up there car in this colour yet? If so what was your first impressions of it?

I have ordered Catalunya Red, however, I have never actually seen it in the flesh, only in photos. I'm aware that it can look quite orange at times, which I actually like. I'm just wondering under what conditions give you what shade of red/orange?

I mean, Is it usually Red on a sunny day or when it's overcast etc.

I was quite confident in my colour choice until I was at the dealers yesterday. He asked me if I had seen it as it's quite a funny colour, then asked me twice if I was sure. This has now put doubts in my head.

Cheers.
Rickie
I don't have it but I am certain you'll like it. As you say, all reds tend to look funny under certain light...especially street lights but under normal conditions looks great.

Stick to your guns!!!

Reactions: xssiiv and RYuill
It's vibrant as a colour but its always orange before red regardless of light conditions.

The vibrancy is not as potent as sepang blue for example though.

It's vibrant as a colour but its always orange before red regardless of light conditions.

The vibrancy is not as potent as sepang blue for example though.
Do you have a Catalunya Red Joe?

315bul1.jpg

Looks alright to be fair.

Reactions: Andy Dilworth
The colour is not my cup of tea. I would take all pictures with a pinch of salt too as they can't capture the colour properly. Don't believe the pics - look at the pic above, then look at Misano red. If you think they look similar on your screen, I promise they are very different in real life.

If you aren't sure, Audi should tell you where you can see one - they have a few.

Reactions: Ashbrummy