CAT's , MAP's, EMISSIONS and MOT's.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm looking to get some clarification on the subject of emissions and cat converters when getting MOT's for the 2.0tfsi engine.
If one was to fit a full exhaust system without a cat would the car fail on the missing cat or the emissions being outside the parameters or both, but, if the emissions were within the test range would the failure only be due to the lack of a cat.

So then if the car had the same setup and was then remapped would the emissions then be within range comparable to factory parameters.
I know this may sound strange but I have noticed a lot of owners fitting full systems with no cat and still getting throught the MOT test.

Full systems with sports cat are obviously already made to work from the box but what about non cat setups.

rob

Depends on your mot bloke but as a rule no cat is a fail.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake
That's what I thought martin but surely the emissions will be part of the equation, if they are within parameters then its only a visible check of the cat's fitment.

Yea it is just a visiual check thats why it depends on your m.o.t bloke whether they check or not but i guess the emissons dont change enough to check as so pass some fail

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Petrol with no cat will generally fail emissions... unless you have a tester like mine.