Caught speeding

Kevint

Reaction score
Website
www.lickmyear.org
A few months ago I was caught speeding by a mobile van in Welsh Wales after leaving a track day. The police sent me a Notice of Intended Prosecution through the post which I duly filled in and returned, I have waited ever since for my court date to come through.

I've just come back from a weekend away watching 24 hour power boat racing as well as other things, to find a letter on my mat stamped "Heddlu Gwent Police". My heart sank :-(

Opened the letter, which goes something like this:

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Mr Tomsett

I am writing to inform you of the progress regarding:

Offence(s): EXCESS SPEED LIMIT

The evidence has been carefully considered and at this stage it has been decided to take no further action. However, if additional evidence comes to light, we reserve the right to reconsider the position.

Blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm over the FOOKING moon, I was easily looking at a big fine and a bucket of points, possibly a short ban.

Woo Yay Hoopla, and so forth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Kev.

What a nice result. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You don't happen to know next wednesday lottery numbers do you??

Track day in wales, where was that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

lucky so and so! i got done for doing 92 (speedo read a lot faster) in anglessey. never let me off in their umarked "baby on board" (my ****) vectra!

Taffy, the place was called Llandow I think?

Aj, They caught me at 99mph, I've been waiting along time for a letter to come through the door, but I never expected THAT letter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kev.

nice one Kevin. Mate of mine was pulled doing approx 120 in a 50 on the south circular (on a bike) and got let off too. Sure it was 5am, his luggage had caught fire and he had 25 mins to get to Dover for a ferry, but for a copper to show such humanity was pretty amazing.

Humanity and police do not go together.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif