CD Changer reading CD0 or NO CD

WAL4D

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a T reg 1.8T with the standard Concert head unit and an Alpine 6CD Changer in the boot. Always worked fine and the other day just stopped working.

The display reads CD0 TR01 and then flicks to NO CD and keeps flicking back and forth.

If I turn the stereo off and then back on the changer will cycle through the discs and end on CD0 TR01.

I have tried completely powering down the Changer by unplugging at the back of the head unit and have also tried a lens cleaner disc, albeit I don't think the unit was prepared to play the cleaner disc. I think I have managed to check the connection of the changer in the boot cubby hole too.

Any ideas appreciated.

P.S. You can probably tell I haven't got a clue about this stuff so basic instructions would be helpful!!

Lens cleaners are pretty hopeless, you'd be far better off taking the cover off and cleaning the lens manually with a cotton bud and some lighter fluid. I presume it's the same with pressed CD's (as opposed to burnt ones)? That's really all it can be if the connections are sound.