Cd Changer

Karloswilliams

Reaction score
Hi All,I have recently brought a A3 18t sport. Does anybody know if having a custom headunit in would stop the CD Changer working.I cant seem to get it to work.It may seem like a silly question but this is my first Audi and first Cd Changer. Thanks in advance

I would say yes. If the headunit is say Pioneer the changer will have to be Pioneer to allow the headunit to control the changer.
If that makes sense??

Hi thanks for reply. That makes perfect sense however the head unit is not one I've ever heard of before. Is there an adapter I can buy to make this work at all. There is a red plug that is plugged into nothing behind my head unit could this be the culprit?

Is the red plug on the head unit and hanging loose or is it some random plug behind the head unit?
Might be worth googling the brand of head unit . I don't think you can buy a universal connection to allow any changer to be controlled by any head unit

The Red plug is not currently attached to the head unit but what I find strange about this plug is its a long retangular plug with only one pin in it.Thanks for your help