CD changer

gary bell

Reaction score
Hi

I have just bought and Audi A4 Avant 3.0 tdi Quattro and it should have a CD changer but not sure where it is supposed to be
Can any one help please and if so would be interested in buying one

many thanks

Hi mate
not really clued up on the car really
how do i tell????
its a 2007 A4 Avant 3.0tdi quattro

Attachments

• $_122-2.JPG
    $_122-2.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 168
Hi

I have just bought and Audi A4 Avant 3.0 tdi Quattro and it should have a CD changer but not sure where it is supposed to be
Can any one help please and if so would be interested in buying one

many thanks
Any clues in your owner's manuals?

looked through it and can't seem to find anything. It should have one as the main screen is saying that the discs are empty but i think the unit has been removed, there seems to be connections in the glove box for something

Just looked at the pic. This is a B7 model, and you're in the B8 section just now. I'll move your thread to the correct forum. :)

hi mate
i have had a look and nothing there and also i want to get one and not sure what to look for
any help is greatly needed

I don't think it's just a matter of getting a CD changer and cable,I have a feeling the RNS-E would need coding aswell.

so to start with whats the CD changer i need please and the cables??

Best place to ask would be the ICE/ sat nav section. Someone should be able to give you the part numbers you want and also tell you if you need the RNS-E coded or not

Look in the glovebox, in the top right corner is where it should be, sounds like someone has removed it, are there any cables showing?

where can i get these cards from for the music???

So what is in the glovebox? Can we see a photo? Cheers.

If there's like a recessed connector it might be the older factory iPod connector - that would show up as a cd changer....

So what is in the glovebox? Can we see a photo? Cheers.

If there's like a recessed connector it might be the older factory iPod connector - that would show up as a cd changer....

will have a photo for you today mate
cheers

Quite old now, so you need an adapter to charge newer ipods (the charging pin moved on newer ipods) and maybe might find strangeness/incompatibilities on newer devices. When working - shows up as 6CD changer. You don't get track names or anything. Playlists from itunes are assigned alphabetically on CDs 1-5 and CD6 is "All tracks" if I remember correctly.

As said that's a iPod dock. The headunit will probably think the iPod is the cd changer as that's where the cd changer is located.