cd player sat nav data lead options

gary911

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2012 RS3 and want to know if the sat nav has a facility for playing cd or what options have i got for playing my ipod etc

Thank you.

I play all music on MP3 self created and arranged SD cards using the STD central unit, or from a memory stick using the access port in the glove box; otherwise I listen to the 5-pot burble from the rear. I don't have an iPod so can't comment. Employing a music CD defeats the Sat Nav and so I don't. I love the 8P RS3 for what is is rather than what it isn't, and I do enjoy...

I play all music on MP3 self created and arranged SD cards using the STD central unit, or from a memory stick using the access port in the glove box; otherwise I listen to the 5-pot burble from the rear. I don't have an iPod so can't comment. Employing a music CD defeats the Sat Nav and so I don't. I love the 8P RS3 for what is is rather than what it isn't, and I do enjoy...

John: any trick to using the SD card? My system in the TT doesn't recognise the files on my cards.

John: any trick to using the SD card? My system in the TT doesn't recognise the files on my cards.

Make sure you format the SD card 'FAT' or 'FAT32', Damien, and that all files end '.mp3' and that should do it.

Thanks. They're definitely .mp3 files. Perhaps I pooched the formatting, though.

Thanks. They're definitely .mp3 files. Perhaps I pooched the formatting, though.

Here you go Damien, page #7 of the RNS-E manual:

Memory card

I guess I was doing the same as you initially and formatting the card NTFS and for sure that didn't work but FAT32 works in each of my cars all with the same Nav system.

Apologies for not posting earlier...

Any problems then I can always send you an SD card loaded and tested here.

I have the AMI, so can plug in an Ipod in the glove box, but I also like John, use the SD cards behind the screen , because they are quicker to scroll through.

Have the lead now and using my iPod classic, the RNse 2 is much better than the MkI and shows more info on tracks but still a bit dated.
Miss the dab I had in my A4. A few years ago but I believe you can get an adapter for the AMI.