central locking not working from remote or from key

Perry

Reaction score
As the title says really - neighbour leaves her car unlocked as only the drivers door locks from the key and remote locking not working.

Could this be a fuse or is it more likely to be the motor ?

Found the fuse panel on drivers side but she doesn't have the cover so struggling to know what one to look at.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

does the central locking button on the drivers door panel not work either? electric windows work? does the interior light work?

Interior lights work when I switched them can't remember if came on when opened door - infact thinking about it no I don't think they did and I tried the switch on the drivers door but to avail. Didn't try the windows.

everything works thru the central modual to do with the windows, central locking, remote alarm, interior lights. each of the door ecus talk to this central modual.
this ecu is under the passengers front floor and is known for faults!

have you had the comfort 46 system scanned for faults?

hi my keys arnt locking mine remotely either is there anything i can do 2 correct this,sorry for hijacking ur threaD

there's a fulat with the control module located in the pass footwell, gets damp in there which can cause prob's but best to get it scanned forst to find out exact fault, than guessing and wasint money on parts you dont need to replace