Central locking problem..passenger door will not open.

costello

Reaction score
Thought it may have been too good to be true to go 3 months without another problem on this car but alas we have yet another issue.
b8 10 plate allroad 2.0 tfsi.
all locks close off the fob,and all open off the fob except the front passenger door. i have to open it from the inside,and as long as the car remains unlocked the door will open and shut.
if i lock the car again then the passenger door will again not open.
i had the door open and put my ear next to the lock and pressed the lock/unlock button and can hear everything inside doing its job,if something was not working i would expect it to sound as though nothing was happening but it sounds exactly the same as the rest of the working doors.
i have also manually moved the lock and it seems to do what its supposed to,no obvious lack of lubrication etc.

any ideas what could be wrong?,
thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer.

The locks on B8 cars are notoriously unreliable unfortunately.
I recently replaced my passenger side front lock with a revised part.
Luckily it's an easy fix to do. Just let me know if you need any instructional help or anything. Will save you some money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to replace both of my rear doors, I think they are £120ish from Audi ?

Got the same problem with mine thankfully it's covered under my used car warranty. They are replacing the door locking unit for me.

The locks on B8 cars are notoriously unreliable unfortunately.
I recently replaced my passenger side front lock with a revised part.
Luckily it's an easy fix to do. Just let me know if you need any instructional help or anything. Will save you some money!

Do you have a guide on how to do this ?

Halfrauds. Sure it was that, unless that was the part and including fitting was more, was a long time ago now. Search the threads in here, it's a common fault and lots of examples of costs