Central locking problem

saxonblue

Reaction score
Well I finally got my Audi A8 back after it being in the garage for Mearlyl seven weeks, turns out it was the ECU that blown, also it's had new swirl flaps and swirl flap nought is added to the car, but whoever did the wiring was a bit of a cowboy, so when when a new ECU was ordered and fitted, it blew that one too, whops LOL
But that's going off the tail a but that's going off the tale a wee bit we bit ,
All the walking was working absolutely fine when I got the car back, but today I used the keyless entry with no problems, I used the little grey button to lock the driver-side door, the one on the door handle itself , and now The ****** thing won't open unless I use the key in the lock manually, the passenger-side all works fine, just the drivers side, it's as if it is sensing me , just won't open even if I blip the key
Any ideas as to what's going on because it's got me completely baffled

A few things.
VCDS Scan?
Door handle sensor?
How many keys do you have? Did the garage have the spare key it maybe remembering that if they did the work and it was the first key being used.
How old is the battery in the key?
How old is the actual car battery?
I just changed my battery and a lot of random electrical glitches that seem to come and go have disappeared

It's the same key as the garage was using n it's a new battery in it,
I was working fine, unlocking and locking no prob, and the keyless entry was all good too, iv had the car back for 3 days now and had no issues with the locking until I tried to lock it using the little gray button on top of the door Handel , that is very loose tho,
Vagcom said somthing about the door handle sencer , and also it was " open or short to ground"??
How do I get the door handle off so I can have a look inside and see what's going on

I have similar symptoms. Car had brand new battery less than a year ago and keyfob battery last month (need new battery 2-3 times a year!). Anyway first time I notice about 2 months ago that the button on the handle did not work. It happens few times a month now. Doesn't bother me much yet but will do if it starts occurring more often.

I read that to remove handle you need to remove whole inside door insert. On ebay handle with sensor cost 45-60 quid and button with sensor alone about 15-20.

Cheers fellas, mine is going absolutely crazy, the little rubber bit off the botton has actually fell off now, The bit I don't understand is why it won't work when I use the key fob, it's all locks and unlocks all the other doors fine, just will not Unlock my door ? It locks it ok when I use the fob, I just can't in again get without crawling through from the passenger side and open it from the inside, or pulling the handle up and sticking the key in the lock like the old-fashioned cars I had as a kid lol
Oh ... As for taking the door card off, I tried that the other day thinking to be a five minute job, then I saw the ****** big thick metal plate behind the door guard,

Lol. The metal plate is not that hard to be honest. I've had it all out to soundproof the doors and change the speakers and replace a window.
If you can't get in without going through the passenger side just hold the key fob open button down to wind the windows down and then put your hand through the window to pull the handle. :) It sounds like it needs a new sensor. A few people have sprayed contact cleaner down the button area of the handle and wd40 and had some joy from it but it hasn't worked for me. if your rubber button is off then then inside would most definitely be damaged by the rain etc.

Just got a replacement door handle off eBay,
So when it turns up, how do I go about fitting it?????
Any ideas people
Have you actually read the pdf files above? Print them out or take a laptop with you to the car. If you haven't got any you will need trim removal tools and torx screw drivers and probably advisable to buy some replacement clips for the door card before hand as it is your first time I would be suprised if some do not get damaged. when you release the trim on the doorcard make sure you pull from the edge nearest to the hinges and NOT the edge where the lock is or you will break off the 2 hooks that hook into the door and it will cost your more money to buy new trim. Also google search is your friend

Thanks for that, I haven't looked at the pdt's yet, as I am stuck on my phone at the mo, but just got the pc n laptop up and running again so I can have a good look now n print them out,