Facelift Centre console rear 12v socket retrofit

herman0

Reaction score
I've been interested in adding 12v socket to the rear of the centre console as some models seem to have.
Found the parts and some sort of wiring but I have no idea where to connect anything as there is no info in such a thing. Was thinking about just splicing into the front sockets power and be done with it but would prefer an OEM solution over such a hack.

Reactions: Schizophonic
Why not retrofit the rear usb ports in stead of 12v?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Why not retrofit the rear usb ports in stead of 12v?

Could do however the OP might have a specific need for a cig lighter / 12v style port, which would be a very simple and cost effective thing to install.

Could use the usb one yeah, was considering it for a while but decided I like the 12v port better with the light ring so you can actually find it in a dark car.

Could use the usb one yeah, was considering it for a while but decided I like the 12v port better with the light ring so you can actually find it in a dark car.
I have the complete 12v hub with ventilation etc for sale :) you just need to make the wiring loom and retrofit it.

This is very interesting. Does anyone know the part numbers for complete 12v hub with ventilation and the cables needed to go to the fuse box? If I'm going to attempt this then I'd rather have it as close to OEM as possible.

-Ice

This is very interesting. Does anyone know the part numbers for complete 12v hub with ventilation and the cables needed to go to the fuse box? If I'm going to attempt this then I'd rather have it as close to OEM as possible.

-Ice

Will check later for you.

I have the 12v hub with ventilation for sale :)

Reactions: Ice
I would have liked the 12v socket positioned out of sight behind the centre console. My previous Honda Civic had it this way which meant I could leave my dash cam permanently plugged in out of sight so removing the need to hard wire into the fuse box....which I was not too confident about doing anyway. I don't use the 12v socket for anything else so it was perfect for me. :)
Slightly disappointed to see where the 12v socket is positioned in this car. :(