Centre Section options

roberto.

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on my exhaust centre section. I currently have a Miltek back box on to the standard centre section.

It's had an MOT today and has a slight leak at the flexi in the centre section, so this seems the perfect time to replace it for a stainless section. Is it best to replace it with a Miltek centre section? Currently my preferred choice, and will be non res. Or any other options people suggest?

Ive attached a picture of where the blow is meant to be coming from. Not my picture though. Also, why is there a silence and a flexi pipe to the side?

4587eb987e099abb2fa762ecd5c83c91.jpg

you have a resonated milltek right? if you want to improve the sound with limiting drone then consider a vibrant bottle resonator

Had a look under the car, made a mistake in my previous post. The car already has a Miltek centre section, it's the part circled above behind the cat that has the leak. What is this flexi and box?

get rid of the silencer after the cat and use a straight pipe. I see no need for the flexi after changing out the silencer with a straight pipe. If your Miltek is resonated after the silencer/flexi section then replace with a vibrant bottle resonator and sound will be what you want

The flexi where you have the leak allows for engine movement back and forth. The box before it is the
Precat.
So you need a downpipe replacement. There is a Milltek version. Be aware that if you go aftermarket you will probably get a check engine light on the dash and it would need mapping to remove it.
The map would pep up the performance.
Cheapest option is to look out for a 2nd hand oem downpipe. Often for sale when people have a performance exhaust.

umm.. kinda confused. heres the milltek resonated. in the picture above( correct me if I am wrong) it goes right to left
downpipe, cat, y to a flexi pipe next to a resonator, mid silencer which is the resonated milltek below and then to the back muffler. He is circling the part towards the rear of the car after the cat. most a3's come with 2 silencers as well as the r32 and the 3.2. some come with one. most cut out both and replace with straight pipe then either go resonated or nonresonated after that section. I prefer the vibrant bottle to the big milltek resonator so thats what I am advising to limit drone and still have a great sound
S38p 1  967311449614721