Ceramic coating. Restoring to just the ceramic coating

Ianf42

Reaction score
last November had my s5 ceramic coated.

Over the last 6 months I have washed, used drying aids, a bit of beadmaker, tried McGuire’s ceramic wax, and a few sprays of fast wax.

Should I strip all these extra toppings off and just go back to the ceramic as it’s not heading like it used too.

If so how ?

Thanks

I'd have thought you wouldn't have needed to wax as you have the ceramic coating, and the coating would just need topping up with the product required for that ceramic which I'd have thought the detailer would have told you. Carpro reset is used for their coatings etc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

last November had my s5 ceramic coated.

Over the last 6 months I have washed, used drying aids, a bit of beadmaker, tried McGuire’s ceramic wax, and a few sprays of fast wax.

Should I strip all these extra toppings off and just go back to the ceramic as it’s not heading like it used too.

If so how ?

Thanks

A strong shampoo like CarPro Reset as suggested, but a lot of manufacturers recommend fairy...I have used this, great as a decon wash

Reactions: Scotty75
Hi Ianf42

Iron remover and a Tar remover will strip Beadmaker and the any remaining wax.

I have not used Carpro Reset - but this is just a strong ph shampoo designed just for general cleaning . The name is a bit confusing because it alludes to something that could be used for the task but it would really have to be a highly concentrated solution to strip a LSP. You could give it a go ?

I have a Gtechniq ceramic coating on and like you are using Beadmaker to see if it adds or detracts anything to the properties of the ceramic. I'm giving it a few months and then will strip back with Gtechniq Iron remover and their Tar Remover. Once done i'll apply C2v3 to compare the two.

You don't mention what Ceramic coating you have but it's always best to use their line of Iron / Tar remover as they will have been developed for their coatings.

Just as a final point it is also worth using an Iron remover on a ceramic every 4 to 6 months to help cleanse the paint and to keep the properties of the ceramic in the best condition. ( if the surface gets clogged then it's hydrophobic properties will diminish )

Kind Regards - hope it helps.
Andrew.