CH/LH lights not working properly help please!

Manni.singh

Reaction score
hi guys, ive done a search and havent come across a solution... sorry if i may have missed it if someone already has resolved this but couldnt find it...
i started following this guide cominghomelights - Audi Retrofit and did everything as it said, i have full VCDS and followed all the instructions. set the time i want the lights to stay on for selected 5 and 7 under long coding helper etc, when i was finished i tested it and when u lock the car, nothing happened, when unlocking the car, the lights come on for 15 secs as i set it.
after about 10 mins i popped out quickly and when unlocking the car lights came on again but when locking the car nothing! now after 5 mins either locking or unlocking the car nothing happens, only the interior lights stay on as they used too before installing the repair wire...
is there something im doing wrong or have done wrong?
any help would be appreciated.
i have a 2003 audi a3 8p1 2.0 tdi
Thanks

Check to see if personalisation is enabled under byte 2 bit 4.

Last edited:
it came up under byte 2 bit 4, ticked the box now and saved it and nope, still dont work, it worked once when i came back home from work when i unlocked the car to check, then locked it and unlocked and nothing again, its very strange i cant figure it out.

Oops sorry I read that correct then typed it round wrong way lol.

TBH I dont advocate the hack route, only way to get it working fully correctly is to fit the rain/light sensor system which basically incorporates 5 systems in one, so good mod overall.

hmmm, ill prob look into that later on, bit tight for cash at mo as just purchased mk 2 rns-e and my11 rear lights, this forum has got me spending all the time lol, thanks for ur help