Change engine out, no idea where this connector goes

smccllm

Reaction score
Hi there,
I’ve just spent the last few days changing out the engine on my 2005 1.9tdi A4 Avant (BKE) due to a cracked cylinder head. Got a leftover connector that I can’t for the life of me find where it goes back in!

Any ideas? Photos attached.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 71C515F2-A1ED-4A26-85D7-52DECF0969D1.jpeg
    71C515F2-A1ED-4A26-85D7-52DECF0969D1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 77
  • 9F2DB79C-59FD-42CA-AC3E-3E03EE2906F8.jpeg
    9F2DB79C-59FD-42CA-AC3E-3E03EE2906F8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
Not engine related but it looks like something that goes to the brake pad wear/abs sensor.

Its a single pin, so can't be pad sensor mate.

Maybe an interconnect, is it a brown wire, the pin end looks like a bigger 1 given the double row, so something is missing a meaty wire.

Looked like a double to me. The fact it can only be plugged in one way seems to indicate that. Singles don’t normally have connector plugs like that. Some wear sensors are singles anyway as they work by earthing out on the disc.

Seen quite a few singles like that tbh, rule of thumb generally is there is a plastic seperator between each pin so to speak, I know that pin end well as its one used in fuseboxes allot & it annoys me sometimes as I can't find my spares lol.

Well that's interesting as only ever seen 2 pin on brakes I've worked on & around, not 1 pin, everyday a school day.

Single pin is usually oil pressure sensor, or reverse light(when on gearbox in older models) or starter motor!

Thanks for the assistance, it turns out it went in to a connector about half way up the loom that went from the alternator to the starter. I had routed the loom down the from of the engine instead of the back, so it didn't click until I noticed that!