Change to DIS?

jet_andy

Reaction score
I've just changed in a 2013 Sportback for a new Saloon. I like to have the DIS set to the digital speed display, and and on the Sportback whilst on this setting I could scroll the one line display through all of the trip computer functions, including long and short term memories, eg MPG1 and MPG2. On the new one I only get one MPG with the symbol Ø. I don't remember setting it up to do this - anyone know? Has it changed now?

Cheers

Yes I noticed this as well when I went from a 2013 63 plate 2.0TDI to a 2015 65 plate S3, both SB's......but at least you now get a clock display on the DIS. Not sure when the change was introduced, might have been for MY15

IMHO the clock is of far more value as only other place to view a clock was on the AMI screen. Long term memory is still there but only in the onboard computer menu option

Do you mean that you can now have digital speedo and clock at the same time on the DIS?
That's what I would like but don't get (MY15 - 64 plate)

I remember my focus getting a dis update to change the display so I would that thought it was. I'll check when mine's in for its service on weds...

I remember my focus getting a dis update to change the display so I would that thought it was. I'll check when mine's in for its service on weds...
Be interested to hear the outcome. I would pay a bit for that.

I'm with a A3 MY 15 and can't do the above. Must be MY 15.5/16. I can't get time on DIS.
You mean you can't get time and digital speedo at the same time on DIS. You can get the time together with other stuff (fuel consumption etc)

I've been in to get my first service today and at the same time they replaced my faulty mmi card reader unit (under warranty), they also performed an update but it's the same as before so this new feature of having the clock in the dis is still unavailable to me.

I can confirm having the clock displayed in a smaller font while having the speedometer as a main display, instead of the clock it can also display the date, or the short term average mpg/average speed and instant mpg. The car is early MY16.
I would love to have that. Can't understand why it was not in the earlier models.

I thought the MMI screen shows the time as well. And I think it's always shown? I guess it's convenient if you use digital speedo and have the MMI screen retracted.

Can't understand why it was not in the earlier models.

Me neither especially as it gave you date which was really useful..not!!!!!

I thought the MMI screen shows the time as well. And I think it's always shown? I guess it's convenient if you use digital speedo and have the MMI screen retracted.

yes time is displayed in corner of MMI, but not so useful if you retract the MMI

yes time is displayed in corner of MMI, but not so useful if you retract the MMI

Time on mine is displayed bottom centre of MMI. Again not great when you have a radio traffic bulletin. Listen to the report and hear "30 minute delay just in front of you" - instinct is to look at the clock which is hidden by the Radio Traffic bulletin pop-up window...

On the DIS,I scroll to the digital speedo display,how do I select it?

press the scrolling wheel

Reactions: Tristan2