Changing Alloy Colour - Declare To Insurance?

zombiemorg

Reaction score
Hi guys. Looking for some advice on changing the colour of my alloys. I own a black edition TT however the original owner specced it with the silver RS4-style alloys from the factory (I think they were the S-Line option?) rather than the usual titanium/grey colour.

I'm looking into getting them sprayed a different colour and after checking with a few insurance companies, it looks like I'm going to have to pay an additional £30-60 to declare them as they are technically a 'modification'.

My question is - if I get the alloys painted in the original titanium grey, would you still declare them? I'm leaning towards not declaring - If I crashed then would the insurer even notice/question it, as the wheels would look standard to everyone apart from me?

Personally I wouldn't declare. From a insurers POV I guess a 'modification' would be a non factory option or something that would change the performance, I would say the wheels were the same as changing a head unit but don't quote me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
Yes I would recommend declaring this possible change. I do appreciate it may sounds a bit trivial though.
Regards,
Dan.