Changing hazard relay switch on Audi A3?

Yup, just had to take mine out the other day. Had replaced it but turns out that it was a problem with the indicator stalk itself, so the new ones out, and the old ones back in! (If youre after a relay let me know!).
Anyway, it takes a bit of patience and its a bit fiddly, but give it a shot. Start off by (gently!) prising away the rectangular plastic cover at the corners with a small flat blade screwdriver or similar. This pops off easily , its held on with a few little clips. This should leave you with access to the relay itself (as well as the cupholder and esp switch).
Thats the easy part, gets a bit fiddly then. Basically what you need to do is to slide 2 as flat as possible objects into both sides of the relay unit as high up as possible. (I tried nail files, but these werent strong enough, ended up using 2 small flat head screwdrivers, which ended up scraping the surrounding area up a bit, but its hidden under the outer cover anyway) The unit is spring loaded, so the idea is to get the blades/screwdrivers into the unit high up, and then to angle them downwards once theyre in about an inch and a half or so, which should release the springs and the unit slides out. Ideally what should be used would be some sort of a clip shaped like a hockey stick, which could go in and then hook in behind the springs to release them, as far as I know this is what garages use, but I had to make do without!
Hope you get what I mean, like I said its a bit of a pain in the ***, if anyone has a better/simpler method, share the wealth!
Anyway, hope this helps,
Marc

MarcA3Turbo said:
its a bit of a pain in the ***, if anyone has a better/simpler method, share the wealth!
Anyway, hope this helps,
Marc

Sounds difficult and i'm heavy handed, hope i don't break anything in the process!

Thanks for the reply

:-0