Changing Headlight Bulbs?

A3 Sport

Reaction score
Okay, at the risk of sounding a bit numb, Ive decided to ask a question. How the frigg do you replace the headlight bulbs?? Ive just had a quick look, and managed to get the inside bulb (full beam) out fine. But cannot work out how to change the actual headlight bulb?

Ive changed quite a few bulbs, but these are the most fiddly!

Any help asap will be greatly appreciated!

Actually, problem solved! Sorted it 2 minutes after posting!

How'd you do it mate? Can't get mine done, I can get the cover off but then how the hell does the actually bulb come out?

Well, if you put your hand in the back, then theres like a plastic cover - fairly big, and you can push it, twist it round and then release the bulb! The bigger ball-ache is putting the bulb back in, and you have to realign the prong at the bottom with the gap of the actual headlight and twist it back in. If you have a quick fiddle (with your headlight haha) then it will all become clearer.

What makes it worse is when you realise that you're not at all impressed with the bulbs that you have fitted and have to remove them again!

Just done the DRL's in mine tonight. They were easy but I can't get my hands up to do the sidelights! I have new indicator bulbs as well though so I am going to take the light out completely next week. Make things a lot easier!

Reactions: T.Will
Just done the DRL's in mine tonight. They were easy but I can't get my hands up to do the sidelights! I have new indicator bulbs as well though so I am going to take the light out completely next week. Make things a lot easier!

What did you change the DRL's with? Are they the halogen 8P3 DRL lights?

whilst we are on the subject how much are drls as an option new

whilst we are on the subject how much are drls as an option new

My brother, Barry, Paid £545 for them, with Xenons. Not a bad price for Xenons really, the BMW ones are more than that, without the LED's.

What makes it worse is when you realise that you're not at all impressed with the bulbs that you have fitted and have to remove them again![/QUOTE]

Could I ask what bulbs you replaced them with as I'm looking for a main beam h7 which is whiter than the original yellow ones