Changing Tyres on the RS3 (8V)

76MC

Reaction score
I have recently bought a 2015 Nardo Grey 8V RS3 but I'm a little unhappy with the ride quality.

I have priced up fitting a larger profile tyre and wondered if anyone has done this before???

My thoughts (Michelin Pilot Sport 4s):

255/30/19 currently and changing to 255/35/19
235/35/19 currently and changing to 235/40/19

UK roads don't really like such a skinny front tyre.

Many Thanks

I must say, I think this is a first ever.

An RS3 is never going to be the softest ride, does your car have Magnetic ride?

Interesting this.
I've exactly the same set up as 76MC regarding tyre size,so will be watching this to see people's thoughts.
I've Mag ride and I feel it's still harsh at times,I feel myself magically trying some how to bunny hop the car over the holes in the road.

Reactions: Evotion
Unfortunately XL (extra load) tyres added with being 30 series have absolutely no give at all. Ive only done a few hundred miles in it but today was sat rolling along at a walking pace in traffic and could feel every tiny piece of tarmac beneath me.
Interesting this.
I've exactly the same set up as 76MC regarding tyre size,so will be watching this to see people's thoughts.
I've Mag ride and I feel it's still harsh at times,I feel myself magically trying some how to bunny hop the car over the holes in the road.
I have ordered them and will be fitting them on Monday/Tuesday.

Interesting this.
I also find the ride very harsh. My previous car had 225/40/18's so not a fair comparison but the RS3 is noticeably harder riding.

@76MC - Have a look at http://www.willtheyfit.com/ to see what the increased dimensions of your proposed set-up will be and the suggested effect on the speedo read out. I am not sure if this will affect the Haldex/Quattro set-up and also if you'll incur clearance issues on full steering lock or suspension travel. You should notify your insurance company of this change to the vehicle specification.

@76MC - Have a look at http://www.willtheyfit.com/ to see what the increased dimensions of your proposed set-up will be and the suggested effect on the speedo read out. I am not sure if this will affect the Haldex/Quattro set-up and also if you'll incur clearance issues on full steering lock or suspension travel. You should notify your insurance company of this change to the vehicle specification.
Insurance isn't a problem as I have access to the motor insurance database so I can add and remove vehicles as I please via my companies insurance. Modified or performance cars aren't a problem at all.