Cheap alternative?

wiggsy

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a few tiles and connecting to my iPhone.. Also thinking maybe having one in the motor and it being a cheap alternative to a "tracker"

https://www.thetileapp.com

Thoughts?

Don't waste your money - I eagerly preordered through their Kickstarter campaign and have been thoroughly disappointed with the final product. A couple of the many negatives:

- Extremely limited range; it's connected using Bluetooth, hence if you're tile is beyond the 15 feet or so BT range from your phone you're out of luck. Relies on everyone having a Tile and your car being within 15 feet of them in order to function.
- Low volume; the beeps the Tile generates to notify you of its location is comically low - you pretty much need to be right up against it to hear, which kind of defeats the purpose

I'd check out the reviews on the App Store, you'll see some of the other common complaints and the terrible overall rating.

Thanks muffin man.. I'll bear this in mind.. My work colleague is the one buying a load so I said I would have a token one off him for a 10ner and see what they like.. Prob not very good if your experience is to go by!!

I got one through the group funding thing too. Not used it yet, so can't comment.

I wish I hadn't bothered.

No App for android (Apple only) AFAIK.

And the batteries is sealed and they only last a limited time before you have to bin it and buy a new tile.