Cheap new style A3 lights from Germany

MisterD

Reaction score
For your information - seen on ebay - looks like a low price to me!

Click here!

Translation of auction text:
A pair new Facelift tail lamps suitably for all AUDI A3 of models. Super an optics and a revaluation of your vehicle. Original original equipment manufacturer commodity from Germany, no cheap reproduction from the Far East. Original-packed, still with protective plastic film referred. Tail lamps are provided with a e-test character, i.e. TUEV examined and in the traffic certified. Fast insured dispatch by UPS within 24-48 hours after receipt of payment for 7,00 euro, cash on delivery dispatch +5.50 euro

That's the postage,packing or insurance in Germany I think.Purchase price is 99EURO about £86. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Got the 6 and the 8 the wrong way round !!!!! Too much stress looking after the kids,school should be 52 weeks a year.Price is approx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif£68.

[ QUOTE ]
allen said:
That's the postage,packing or insurance in Germany I think.Purchase price is 99EURO about £86. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, knew that!
68 quid has to be good even with some extra postage from Germany doesn't it?
What will your local dealer charge you?
Probably 68 quid each!

[ QUOTE ]
MisterD said:
Or how about these tasteful items:

A3 lights on ebay

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

But I've just placed an order for the facelift versions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You did know what I meant by 'tasteful' then?!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I've just bought some too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich

Just waiting to find out how to pay the guy......

haha.. me 2. How do you pay people i another country? Never done it before...

Rich

Bank transfer is the most common....i think.

Ok.. Wonder if he will accept VISA! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Well, I'm not going to be paying him until atleast after the weekend i.e. after payday!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Banks usually charge at least £30 for any small amount of money transfer.Can do through the Post Office for about £10.If the seller has the PayPal logo then this is by far the easiest and safest way.Have sent EURO to Germany before through International Signed For,also done as a letter from the Post Office.There is compensation on this but nothing stops someone running off with your money.Good feedback rating on Ebay is essential for peace of mind,and there is limited compensation for buyers through Ebay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

Was going to ask him about paypal... cos he wont even need an account.. definatley the easiest way i think...

Rich

I want them too, but the idea of payment has always put me off if I can't use Mr Visa although I did set up Paypal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Buying from a foreign country is confusing too as I wont be able to speak/write in that language and know what I'm really getting/paying. BTW why does the translation always say at the end 'much joking in the offering' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It probably says much joy, or something similar, in the offering. The translation programs are pretty horendous most of the time, giving only a general idea of what is said.

If we get into any trouble,'we might be able to get Drill to give us a helping hand (he's that sort of guy you know), and he can make sure everything is arranged correctly.

Rich,
Just sent the German guy the below which basically asks what is the prefered payment method and how postage will be handled.
-----------------------------------
Guten tag,

Bitte advisieren Sie mir wie die zahlung gehen soll (procedure wie zu besahlen/geld uberscheiben).

Bitte advisieren Sie auch betreffende die versendung der leuchten.

Mfg,

Gambba.
---------------------------------------------

Lets see if there's a response now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I've just copiede it and sent it too... thanks...

Is it holiday time in germany or something?

Rich

just wondering if anoyone know the name of this guy who's selling it?...cos the ad looks very similar to me from a while ago,.....and i got done!...******,..sent me money and nowt.......anyway....if anyone knows...cheers,....actually rockstar it was the same guy you got your rear clusters off......his email account does not exist anymore so rockstar have you got an email for him by any chance still?

cheers dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:
just wondering if anoyone know the name of this guy who's selling it?...cos the ad looks very similar to me from a while ago,.....and i got done!...******,..sent me money and nowt.......anyway....if anyone knows...cheers,....actually rockstar it was the same guy you got your rear clusters off......his email account does not exist anymore so rockstar have you got an email for him by any chance still?

cheers dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

THis bloke doesn't have many bad remarks about him.... has over 1200... and only a few bad ones.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:
hi rockstar,....yeah i got a set from martyn at vagparts in the end, as i lost my faith!....and still have not recieved anything from Torsten Hain who was meant to be sending me the stuff i paid for,...yeah i also wired the money from my local bank but they charged me a tenner to do it,...im still a bit ****** off that i got ripped off ,....so im not ever ordering anything off ebay again from now on!!!........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Torsten Hainke is the guy that's selling these rear lights! I'm thinking this aint such a grand idea, not that I've paid yet.....
He gives a telephone number on the e-mail he sent (030 20214888) if you wanted to give him a call Caractere.

Uhh... i have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Hopefully caractere was a one off!

Rich

What with spoilers and rear lights, you dont seem to be having much luck! At least when you finally get the lights, you can sell 'em on to someone else without a problem.

[ QUOTE ]
rockstar said:
all i can say is i recieved my clusters from him and had no problems......as i recall he had a really good feedback on ebay also,strange that he's changed name though....

best of luck anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif My lights have been despatched with UPS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

So will hopefully have them by next week.

Caractere.. email him and see what he has to say. I think its was probably a one off bad experience... He speaks (writes anyway) english... so should be able to call him.

Rich

I'll be getting mine tomorrow. I ordered them from a 'friend' at Eurocarparts, so got them for £104 inc VAT.

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
I'll be getting mine tomorrow. I ordered them from a 'friend' at Eurocarparts, so got them for £104 inc VAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got mine for £80 total! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice, but I'm impatient /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif So after I had decided I was def. going to get them, I just stopped off on the way home there. Will need to get some Phillips bulbs too now.

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
i got my lights!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Superb. Nice to know that the system works.
Always on the lookout for Audi bargains! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif