Check engine light and fault codes on S3 8p

Konstantinos

Reaction score
Hello guys! I

Some days ago my engine light suddenly went on after quite a long trip
A local garage scanned the car for codes and 3 different came up.

P0327 Knock sensor 1 signal too low
P2177 System too lean off idle bank 1
P0507 Idle air control system RPM higher than expected

Lets star with knock sensor. I’m planning on taking it out, inspect it, clean the area, check wiring and socket and retorque to factory specs hoping for the best

For the lean idle code, firstly I searched for possible vacuum leaks around the engine bay and found out that the vacuum hose that runs from the intake to the small plastic valve and then to vacuum pump for the brake servo are a bit worn out and partially sliced so this might be a problem. Also checked the brake Pedal after letting the car rest for some hours and it’s solid hard until I fire the engine up.
So we are talking for a possible vacuum leak from the brake booster hoses? Is it possible that this is the problem?

Lastly, for the p0507 I’m planning on ordering a new pvc valve as the one I have now is stock and the engine has 110k kilometers by now.

Anyone with experience on the subject for some help?
Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• A262D839-C1FE-4F3D-836E-E91F71244E7C.jpeg
    A262D839-C1FE-4F3D-836E-E91F71244E7C.jpeg
    806.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Hello guys!
Let me post the update on here!

Except the engine codes that showed up, the engine suddenly started making a ticking noise at idle, which goes away when giving it a bit throttle. The sound is noticeable only from inside the cabin and seems to come from the passenger side.
My mechanic says (after he checked with stythoscope) that it should be the chain tensioner although is located on the other side from where the sound is coming.

Today he removed the old chain n tensioner and they don’t seem to be shoot or badly worn out so maybe this won’t be the problem

Is it a chance of vvt being bad? Would it sound like ticking at idle?
Noticed a drop in performance all this time

Cheers guys
Thanks

Last edited:
No I don’t think so..
I know that in general this is a noisy engine so I tried to be careful on what I’m looking for. Seems to come from the chain area