Check engine

christy1999

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got my first Audi S3 2014 the other and did a launch with launch control, straight after the engine check light came on (it’s not flashing just on) and was wondering if it happened to anyone else or if anyone has advice

Plus is it common for the auto stop to malfunction then start working again

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there not limits to how many times you can launch a dsg box on the pfl?
Might not be relevant to your problems though.

Hi everyone, I got my first Audi S3 2014 the other and did a launch with launch control, straight after the engine check light came on (it’s not flashing just on) and was wondering if it happened to anyone else or if anyone has advice

Thanks

I don't know about launch control, but the auto stop may decide not to cut out if there is a power demand on the battery such as air-con is on or, heater blowing or you have just started and voltage is a bit low.

Colin

Reactions: S32B
The fault code “engine control module disabled”, “crank shaft position-camshaft position correlation blank 1 sensor A”, and “a camshaft position (bank 1) timing over-advanced or system performance” are the faults listed

Any help or knowledge of this?

The fault code “engine control module disabled”, “crank shaft position-camshaft position correlation blank 1 sensor A”, and “a camshaft position (bank 1) timing over-advanced or system performance” are the faults listed

Crank shaft / camshaft errors most likely to be a stretched timing chain or failed positioning magnetic sensors.

”engine control module disabled” or control unit disabled is normally immobiliser related.

Thanks

If you have breakdown cover call them out and see what they say! If they say tow it to the garage ASAP, have an indy address ready!

Turns out the timing chains needed to be replaced once that was done there was no more check engine light and the engine was running smooth