Checking chain/camshaft readings via advanced measurement values VCDS

Nipaww

Reaction score
Hello,

I have tried searching through internet but every discussion ends without an solution. Hopefully this will have an solution and people in the future will find this :)

So I have P0021 code and I have checked the solenoids and changed the camshaft sensors already.

Main question conserns the chain/camshaft readings that should be visible to see from measurement blocks 93 or so. But MB its greyed out in the VCDS.
Where I can see the same readings than from MB 93 etc, from the advanced measurement values?

Are you using a genuine vcds , cause if not that's where problem could lie to start with

Are you using a genuine vcds , cause if not that's where problem could lie to start with
Yep a new genuine VCDS. It is a friend of mine and he said that in newer versions the measurement blocks are greyd and it is supposed to use advanced measurement values. I have found few post about the same problem in VW forums etc. No one has replied to them where to find the chain/camshaft readings from advanced measurement blocks.

I have a OBD11 and tried with that alsl to find the block 93 etc but could not find it either.

Yeah thanks. That solves why its greyed but I'm still wondering how to read the correct values. Perhaps I have to try it in Rosstech forums if someone knows.
Have you tried going into Advance ID and i think in there it will give you a list and from there you will see the numbers that relate to the blocks . I could be wrong but it's worth a shout

Yeah thanks. That solves why its greyed but I'm still wondering how to read the correct values. Perhaps I have to try it in Rosstech forums if someone knows.
Did you find a solution to this? I am having the same issue.