China Throttle body

b2

Reaction score
I got a random EPC fault that comes up once in a while when I floor it, I flick the ignition on/off and its goes back to normal. I have read that this is a throttle body fault and it needs to be cleaned or replaced.

I have seen these Chinese throttle bodies on ebay for fraction of the price, question is are these any good or a waste of time? I am going to give it a clean tomorrow to see if that works. Failing that will look down the replacement route, if anyone can advise me from their experience that would be great.

I got a random EPC fault that comes up once in a while when I floor it, I flick the ignition on/off and its goes back to normal. I have read that this is a throttle body fault and it needs to be cleaned or replaced.

I have seen these Chinese throttle bodies on ebay for fraction of the price, question is are these any good or a waste of time? I am going to give it a clean tomorrow to see if that works. Failing that will look down the replacement route, if anyone can advise me from their experience that would be great.
Give it a good clean first that should sort it out! as for Chinese there are many second hand ones on eBay etc
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192986271460
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fault 1 is most likely down to battery being disconnected at some point

Fault 2 is normally related to a faulty MAF sensor and typically cuts power and won't allow you to 'rev' the engine until you restart it
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17743/P1335

Fault 3 is normally because its been mapped and the mapper raised the rev limit but didn't raise the rpm exceeded default value
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17968/P1560/005472

Fault 4 is the ECU was blocked by immobiliser
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17978/P1570/005488

Sounds like the MAF is faulty to me personally (have had fault 2 myself in the past)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: b2, s3mad_dude, danny_dj3 and 1 other person
Thanks for swift reply, its had a brand new Bosch MAF fitted not too long ago and responded really well when live mapping and plotting the MAF, the mapper said EPC faults come on when the throttle body starts playing up. Im going to give it a clean and go from there.

Reluctant to fit a second hand item as it may also have same problems if not now later, opinions on China replacement throttle body if anyone has experience of using one?

OE TB's rarely fail unless you run WMI and that can affect longevity...

I would still trust a secondhand OE TB over a chinese copy...

If the TB was 'faulty' I would expect to see a TB related fault code... the issue could be related to the map too... might be there is not enough load specified or the mapper missed a map limit somewhere....

This is an airflow/load related fault code and the ECU controls the throttle plate rather than your foot so it will open or close the throttle plate based on requested load (your foot) then translate that to cylinder fill to meet the load request...

If you still believe its TB related (and without seeing the car and logging I could not comment either way) it wouldn't be a bad thing to get hold of an OE replacement as they are cheap enough to buy as a spare and try it but in my experience this is typically an airflow related issue which is normally a problem with the MAF sensor...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: b2
Problem I was getting:
- If I accelerated hard or went over a bumpy piece of road, the traction control light would come on and would not go off until I cycled the ignition on/off.
- Sometimes, very rarely the EPC light would come on and kill the revs. Same thing turn ignition on/off and it was OK again.

Check:
* Haldex fuse 31
* Check throttle body
* Check MAF and intake for leaks
* Everything looked OK

So I decided to perform a full diagnostic health scan and that's when I noticed that the brakes and all wheel drive module had some fault codes.

01324 - all wheel drive control module
No signal / communication

And the all wheel control had one fault:

01312 - drive train data bus
Faulty

The all wheel drive module was communicating fine and reading live data correctly, the brake module was detecting the all wheel drive module correctly as well, so there was no problems there.

Problem solved and fixed!

- 8 pin Haldex connector was loose and not connected properly!! Disconnected plug straightened the plastic housing and clicked it in properly and bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt. Glad I got it solved easily hope this helps the next unfortunate sod.

Reactions: yoursixx and Asim1