CHL (coming home lights)

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Ok so i have coded my car to have CHL and nothing happens lol i have then seen that you need the correct switch next to the light switch so as mine just has a DRL one fitted i have ordered one with CHL/DRL knobs.

Is anything else needed to have this function?

i unplugged the light switch and switched the ignition on and the lights came on so presume because i have auto lights/drls/xenons that i have a highline module so in theory i can just fit the switch and the wiring should already be in place or is additional wiring needed from the CHL switch to control unit for this modification to work. Anyone know what pins i need to check at the existing DRL switch to confirm if wiring is needed or not.

any help/feedback appreciated

Looking into this more this only operates the fog lights on the B7 where as the MK5 golf does both sides and headlights.

with mine having no fogs being a DTM is there a way to change this setting from fogs to sides/dipped ?

I retrofitted CH/LH lights to my Avant, but also did auto lights/wipers at the same time. I did however get them to work without the light sensor, they just come on and off all the time instead of only when its dark. If that makes sense.

However there is no way to change them from fogs to headlights unfortunately, unless you were to fiddle with the wiring maybe.

CH/LH Light: Yes without the light sensor they will simply run all the time.

Not sure I would advise wiring the fogs to the sidelights, but could be done.

I have this on my S4 ya lock/un lock the doors and the fog lights come on, but I can also turn the function off.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7