Choices

geeman360

Reaction score
Ok guys.

What's the first mod you would do to your car? Money is no object.

I'm stuck between a new set of wheels or a revo remap.

Would you recommend 18s or 19s?

I've already got my eibach lowering springs for the front as everyone knows the front sits abit higher.

I didn't want to ruin the ride so I didn't get the full lowering set, all my cars have been lowered in the past and to be quite fair I'm getting sick of feeling the bumps, I guess old age is catching up with me(non stop nagging).

Also my front splitter should arrive in the next few days so I'm planning to get everything done at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custom remap over Revo all day long - you've got plenty to choose from; Shark, Unicorn, R-Tech & MRC all do good maps for Audis (you didn't actually say what model you've got).

Custom remap over Revo all day long - you've got plenty to choose from; Shark, Unicorn, R-Tech & MRC all do good maps for Audis (you didn't actually say what model you've got).

I've heard good things about revo all day long, but not so good things with some custom remaps. A lot of them I've heard go limp and fail.........?

I've heard good things about revo all day long, but not so good things with some custom remaps. A lot of them I've heard go limp and fail.........?

:fearscream: no way. Use a respectable mapper, any from the list @nluk100 posted above (that's not the exhaustive list by the way) and you'll bebetter off.

I can't knock the plug and play maps but they are typically more ££ and 'built for a car like yours' not 'built for your car'.

A couple of years ago Revo was one of the, if not the pick of the bunch but recently they haven't focused on the 8P platform in favour of the MQB. APR on the other hand have. However, in paying for your APR map you could get a Stg2 custom map and a 2nd-hand Revo cold air intake for the same price. I was all set to go APR but settled on custom from Unicorn as I know it's written for my S3.

Reactions: HHS3
Shark performance or r tech? Both quite close to me.

Anything good to say about the 2?

By the way thanks for the help guys. Feel like apart of the family already.

R Tech would be my choice out of those two. Also, consider a set of H&R ARBs as they transform the handling / cornering.

Reactions: samuelh_888
I recently had a Stg2 map and it's great. More usable power, better fuel economy (with my nana driving) but also quick too. Unfortunately it's a precursor to 2+ and beyond

Reactions: geeman360
Go before show is the way to go. engine, suspension then whatever else you want

R Tech would be my choice out of those two. Also, consider a set of H&R ARBs as they transform the handling / cornering.

Will this stiffen the ride quality though? I'm not one for the bumps.

Will this stiffen the ride quality though? I'm not one for the bumps.

Absolutely not. I'm running std suspension (albeit with lower front springs like you) with H&R ARBs and the ride quality hasn't changed, just dialed out pretty much all of the understeer. Mach it with a set of Michelin PSS tyres and you will be amazed at the difference.

Quick update, probably abit boring for some but I thought I log everything in with what I am doing with the s3 so I can look back at it when I'm afew years older.

So these simple goodies came through the post today.

I've only had the car for 10 days and I've already been bitten with the bug!!!

aa4ec5f5e2be3cc02bb02d51c1982acb.jpg

fe25d6b0eb9f5d1897f2915a8396cdfa.jpg

Will be getting these fitted on Tuesday so I'll post a pic or 2 on the difference it's made cosmetically.

Reactions: HHS3
So today I got a very good friend of mine to fit the eibach springs and splitter.

What a difference it's made cosmetically.

Firstly I wasn't expecting the springs to make such a huge difference in drop. I'm used to lowering my previous cars by 30/40mm so to me a 20mm drop didn't seem much at all.
Wasn't I wrong! It's a perfect drop in my opinion, fills the arch to a tee, can't be any happier.
Plus the ride feels oem, if not better.

I'm still driving carefully as I've put the trc splitter on, so no stupid driving as I need to see what I can and can't go over at certain speeds, don't want to end up ripping the whole bumper off!

But yes the splitter looks great on the car.

0efc06f5beb696f72406759195ed25c6.jpg

Looking good buddy.

I'd start off with a custom remap from R-Tech as it'll make the S3 perform as it should've come as from factory.

Regarding the wheels, even though 19's look better I'd personally go for 18's as this is what the S3 was setup for and I don't like the thought of upsetting the handling just for appearances.