Chorus to RNS-E Conversion

stevereid

Hi,
And sorry in advance for asking a question which will no doubt have been asked 300 times before..however.
I'm looking to convert my single Din Chorus to RNS-E, now I know I need a double din cage and to wrestle with it for a bit to get it to fit.
What else do I need ? What adaptor cables do I need to atach the RNS-E to my Chorus wiring loom ?
Any other guidance would be great.
Cheers
Steve

1wheelonly

cabriolet
VCDS Map User
hi steve, double din cage yeh, difficult/ struggle, no ! its really straight forward mate, just time consuming, allow a couple of hours .
youll also be needing a quad lock adaptor, a gps antenna and a ariel adapter and a disc ( map )
to be honest, alot of rns-e's come with most ull need.
theres a guy on here selling a mint one, pm him and see if you can have a deal, ask him what comes with it.
youll need the use of vagcom too, this will tell the car it now has nav etc etc

stevereid

Cheers for the reply 1Wheel,
Am I right in thinking the climate control needs trimmed ? Is Vag-Com essential ? don't seem to have anyone local with it :(
Any idea's who's got the RNS-E up for sale ?
Ta

1wheelonly

cabriolet
VCDS Map User
here you go steve http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?101117-Rns-E-For-Sale

yeh, dont buy a new climate unit, a very easy trim down ( about 5mm either side ) and your old unit simply slides straight in its new lower location.

where abouts are you ?
it will work but you really need coding for everything to run smoothly.
do you have full dis ? again to get your map/ directions on the dis youll also need coding

worth doing the full DIS at the same time: otherwise you can't flick between directions and MPG / trip info.

stevereid

I've got Full DIS, so one less thing to worry about :)

itsmeagain

1.8T Sport Cabriolet
I changed from single to double din, and it was the best money spent. The RNS-E improves the interior of the car 100%.