Chorus to RNS-E Conversion

stevereid

Reaction score
Hi,
And sorry in advance for asking a question which will no doubt have been asked 300 times before..however.
I'm looking to convert my single Din Chorus to RNS-E, now I know I need a double din cage and to wrestle with it for a bit to get it to fit.
What else do I need ? What adaptor cables do I need to atach the RNS-E to my Chorus wiring loom ?
Any other guidance would be great.
Cheers
Steve

hi steve, double din cage yeh, difficult/ struggle, no ! its really straight forward mate, just time consuming, allow a couple of hours .
youll also be needing a quad lock adaptor, a gps antenna and a ariel adapter and a disc ( map )
to be honest, alot of rns-e's come with most ull need.
theres a guy on here selling a mint one, pm him and see if you can have a deal, ask him what comes with it.
youll need the use of vagcom too, this will tell the car it now has nav etc etc

Cheers for the reply 1Wheel,
Am I right in thinking the climate control needs trimmed ? Is Vag-Com essential ? don't seem to have anyone local with it :(
Any idea's who's got the RNS-E up for sale ?
Ta

here you go steve http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?101117-Rns-E-For-Sale

yeh, dont buy a new climate unit, a very easy trim down ( about 5mm either side ) and your old unit simply slides straight in its new lower location.

where abouts are you ?
it will work but you really need coding for everything to run smoothly.
do you have full dis ? again to get your map/ directions on the dis youll also need coding

worth doing the full DIS at the same time: otherwise you can't flick between directions and MPG / trip info.

I've got Full DIS, so one less thing to worry about :)

I changed from single to double din, and it was the best money spent. The RNS-E improves the interior of the car 100%.