Christmas pressy Bose speakers

macpdm

Reaction score
Both my front lower speakers are goosed crackling really badly so I think for christmas I would like a pair of replacement speakers. I spotted these on ebay which seem to be the only set on ebay strangely. They are perhaps a wee bit pricy and its not made clear what they are out of but as my 2000 X plate 8L is the facelift would they fit ?

Any other thoughts or ideas as to where I could source some replacements or any aftermarket replacements that will bolt straight in would be most helpful.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I can't see the link (no access to Ebay at work) but are they Bose speakers? If so does you car already have Bose? If not then you'll need to get the amp and all the wiring to fit Bose and in my opinion it's not worth the hassle and expense as there are far better options for fitting aftermarket speakers that cost less, less hassle to fit and sound better than Bose.

Have a look at my progress thread in the ICE section for some ideas on what fits and what bits you need to fit aftermarket speakers.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/car-entertainment/138667-ice-upgrade-8l-s3.html#post1417195

the bose speakers are **** anyway trust me. i have some that work fine at my mums somewhere u can have em for postage and a pint if u want?

I can't see the link (no access to Ebay at work) but are they Bose speakers? If so does you car already have Bose? If not then you'll need to get the amp and all the wiring to fit Bose and in my opinion it's not worth the hassle and expense as there are far better options for fitting aftermarket speakers that cost less, less hassle to fit and sound better than Bose.

Have a look at my progress thread in the ICE section for some ideas on what fits and what bits you need to fit aftermarket speakers.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/car-entertainment/138667-ice-upgrade-8l-s3.html#post1417195

Sorry should have been more clear my car has factory Bose fitted. Thanks I will look though

the bose speakers are **** anyway trust me. i have some that work fine at my mums somewhere u can have em for postage and a pint if u want?

Cheers Dave I will have them off you Im fairly happy with the stock Bose system although I only have the rears and sub running. Let me know what you want for them Dave.

Looking at your car it seems identical to mine except for wheels & suspension.

Mine's fully bosed. I must be the only person who think's the Bose speakers are pretty good. Mines paired up with a Alpine x001 head unit and Fli 8inch Enclosed Sub (ditched, well sold the crappy standard Audi standard one) and it all sounds pretty good together. I did have to replace 2 speakers (one up front and one behind) as they were crackling at weird frequency's in certain tracks, they all run off the standard Audi Bose amp. Admittedly it's no show winning setup but cranked up it's good even with hip hop/trance and indie thrown at it. :)

Those are for an 8P and by the looks won't fit yours...

8L speakers look like this...
Front...
20100629_CRW_4133.jpg

Rear... (on the right...)
20100630_IMG_6758.jpg

<tuffty/>

Tufty do those focal speakers fit straight over the original mounts etc? Are they the correct ohm presumably? (I know the Bose system has a fussy ohm requirement doesn't it)

Cheers Dave I will have them off you Im fairly happy with the stock Bose system although I only have the rears and sub running. Let me know what you want for them Dave.

Looking at your car it seems identical to mine except for wheels & suspension.

ill have a look for you when i go to my mums next mate. Drop me a PM so i dont forgot. Most likely pop there this weekend