Chrome door handles

Alexander Thomson

Reaction score
Simple Q - what dictates whether or not you get the chrome strip on your door handles? Got an S4 Avant, Navarra, and it's not got them.

Read an earlier thread re whether or not the black pack drives it and it was concluded that it has no effect.

Thanks all!

These are on se ,sport and S 4 only .
Unless spec has changed, they were on the S versions previously.
Not sure actually if they suit the sportier A4s anyway ( imo)

From what I can make out in the configurator it's only the the SE models that get the chrome handles. Obviously that's not the most accurate way of judging things but at least gives an indication.

Thanks both, appreciate the replies. I'm sure the S4 I test drive (glacier white) had the chrome, but my navarra S4 doesn't have it...weird, as i think it would suit the rest of the chrome. Understand if the black pack deleted them. Will have a trawl through the spec sheets to find it verbally.

My S4 Avant is in Navarro but no chrome trim on handles as it has black styling pack.
Fullsizeoutput 1bf

As far as I'm aware chrome door handles are on SE trim only? definitely not on Sport or S-Line, maybe some of the S4 owners can confirm from their cars?

Having just speed read the current B9 A4/S4 PDF brochure it seems chrome door handles are standard on SE and S4, deleted if you opt for black styling pack on S4, and never having available on either Sport or S-Line trim levels.

Having just speed read the current B9 A4/S4 PDF brochure it seems chrome door handles are standard on SE and S4, deleted if you opt for black styling pack on S4, and never having available on either Sport or S-Line trim levels.

This is contrary to my car then, as it's a non-black pack S4 without the chrome handles...I'm going to check auto trader to see if I can see a pattern.

This is contrary to my car then, as it's a non-black pack S4 without the chrome handles...I'm going to check auto trader to see if I can see a pattern.

Wouldn't be a surprise if Audi had already changed the spec of the S4 from MY17 to MY18, as they have already done with Sport spec from MY16 to MY17, which were major changes to leather seats, seat heating, colour DIS etc as standard where there we're all options when we ordered our car in Jan 2016.

So a small detail like chrome door handles would be easily done from one model year to next, worth checking but I'd be amazed if you can find a definitive answer.

Mine's a MY18 S4 without black pack and doesn't have the chrome topped handles. Agree with the post above that I think it would look good with the rest of the chrome. Hardly a disaster though and don't miss it not having them!

I don't have them, my black S4 was MY18, I would have liked these...