Chrome options

S700UBO

Reaction score
Morning all,

Recently purchased a 53plate S4 in Ebony Black Pearl, now its nothing against Audi but i really hate chrome! i had the grille on my Octavia colour coded as i hated the chrome and on my current BMW Touring i changed my grilles and mouldings from chrome to black.

now the problem i have is.....do i purchase through my work the 4ZM Black mouldings at around £400ish or do i Plastidip them or do i even possibly get them wrapped (sister works for a sign company so not major hassle)?

thanks for thoughts and input

Id say get them wrapped the grills are easy to dissasemble and vinyl is easy to work with and affordable. And paint and prep takes a lot longer too!

sorry it would only be the window trims etc, the grille isnt too badly priced through my work so i will replace that as a like for like option

I'm going to wrap my chrome window surrounds myself using matt/satin black vinyl. Already wrapped the front grill myself in carbon effect vinyl.

I'm going to wrap my chrome window surrounds myself using matt/satin black vinyl. Already wrapped the front grill myself in carbon effect vinyl.

Any pics of the grill? i would love to buy the black trims but im just trying to get in my head justifying the price tag haha!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400752492165701

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400752284.482678.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400752284.482678.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: S700UBO
i like that looks very well done too! was that a first attempt at wrapping anything?

I had done smaller parts previously on my old car but that's the biggest thing I've done so far. I find it relatively easy to do.

Can you get factory de-chromed window surrounds? I've just picked up a 2003 1.8t Sline and all the window surrounds are black?! Although the front grille surrounds are chrome.

Can you get factory de-chromed window surrounds? I've just picked up a 2003 1.8t Sline and all the window surrounds are black?! Although the front grille surrounds are chrome.

Yep - same as mine!

Was hit and miss until the B7 and they created the black optic pack of which they charge extra for!!

So there is possibly 3 options, aluminum, black matt (ish) and black gloss (optic pack from B7).

Thats interesting to know. I thought someone had just painted the chrome! I will be breaking the car shortly so will be carefully taking them off then ;)

Yeah they released them from factory the option PR Code from memory was 4ZB which they list as "bright mouldings" or chrome and 4ZM which is the black

Super Ron if you do sell up the mouldings etc could you let me know i may be interested, if noty could i have the reg or chassis for that car to guarantee ive priced the right stuff at work haha!

Collect my car on saturday afternoon cannot wait, already ordered the last front number plate delete in the UK, LED Sidelight bulbs LED plate light bulbs and the front grille in black :D

Yes I will 100% be breaking as the gearbox has died. The kit will be making its way over to my 3.0 SE ;)

I will look into how they all come off and be selling them as a set. The reg if you wanted to double check your findings, I will check the trim code in the boot next time im there too :)

I Plasti Dip my chrome, just done the front grills on my B6 S4, thought the chrome looked old fashioned (IMO)
It was super easy to do and cheap aswell, it looks so much better now, I've not done the chrome window surround as I don't mind that