Chrome window trim retrofit?

Tuttivini

Reaction score
In 'contrast to most owners' I want to change my o.e.m. black window trim to chrome.
I have a black E-Tron and I like the chrome look.
I also want the 'roof bars', but I think this is difficult to retrofit...

Is it possible to change the window trim to chrome trims?
What's involved?

3-jpg.198321

xenons UK do "fake" roof bars. They look pretty good but no way you can use them. If only for aesthetics then not an issue. Re your window trim, believe its clipped and bonded so taking the black ones off will pretty much destroy them but its possible to retrofit but I believe you will only be able to source new parts as a result. Personally, if you want to "break up" the blackness on the sides of the vehicle I would fit the roof bars and some S3 mirror caps.

@DJAlix thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately I can't take the black trims off without breaking them (like you describe), otherwise I would be able to 'trade' with someone who just wants to get rid of the chrome trims.

Do those 'fake' roofbars look the same as the o.e.m. ones? I gues you cant 'use' them because they need to be fitted with 3M tape, instead of screws?

I would do what DJAlix says, just add a few bits of chrome here and there. I would not go removing trim, you could cause more damage to the paint or other parts.

@DJAlix thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately I can't take the black trims off without breaking them (like you describe), otherwise I would be able to 'trade' with someone who just wants to get rid of the chrome trims.

Do those 'fake' roofbars look the same as the o.e.m. ones? I gues you cant 'use' them because they need to be fitted with 3M tape, instead of screws?
There was a member here who fitted them to his a3 a while back. Basically yes, they use 3M tape to secure. A fully functioning retrofit would require dropping your headlining, drilling, bolting and bonding the genuine items. Actually might not be that hard if you allow the time however they would need factory alignment else you might have issues with roof bats fitting correctly etc.